An Effective and Convenient Process for the Preparation of Ticagrelor: Optimized by Response Surface Methodology and One-Pot Reaction
- 17 Downloads
An effective and convenient process for the preparation of ticagrelor (1), an antiplatelet drug, has been developed. The synthesis of 1 is a four-step reaction. Each reaction step was optimized individually to develop a scalable and industrial friendly process. The critical step to prepare intermediate 5 was optimized using the response surface methodology. One-pot reaction was used to telescope the next three steps, resulting in 75% overall yield in comparison to the initial 63% yield obtained from the stepwise isolation process. The feasibility and consistency of the improved process was verified by pilot-scale test.
Keywordsticagrelor synthesis process optimization response surface methodology one-pot reaction pilot-scale test
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 21546004) and Major National Science and Technology Projects (Grant No. 2014ZX09102043-001).
- 4.European Medicines Agency, Assessment Report for Brilique, www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm263964.htm (2011).
- 6.Haberfeld, H, ed. (2009). Austria-Codex (in German) (2009 /2010 ed.), Vienna: Österreichischer Apothekerverlag. ISBN 3-85200-196-X.Google Scholar
- 10.S. Husted and J. J. J. Giezen, Cardiovasc. J., 27(4), 259 – 274 (2009).Google Scholar
- 11.G. Simon, I. Anthony, and S. Brian, WO Pat. 9905143 (Feb. 4, 1999).Google Scholar
- 12.U. Larsson, M. Magnusson, T. Musil, et al., WO Pat. 01092263 (May. 31. 2001).Google Scholar
- 13.R. Aufednblatten, M. H. Bolhin, H. Hellström, et al., WO Pat. 10030224 (Mar. 18, 2010).Google Scholar
- 14.A. I. Khuri and J. A. Cornell, Response Surfaces: Design and Analyses, Marcel Dekker, New York (1987), pp. 214 – 273.Google Scholar
- 15.D. C. Montgomery, Design and Analysis of Experiments, John Wiley & Sons, New York (2001), pp. 656 – 698.Google Scholar
- 16.R. H. Myers, D. C. Montgomery, and C. M. Anderson-Cook, Response Surface Methodology: Process and Product Optimization Using Designed Experiments, John Wiley & Sons, New York (2009).Google Scholar
- 17.X. Q. He and J. G. Xu, J. Med. Chem., 25, 129 – 131 (2015).Google Scholar