Comparison of Approaches to Determining N-Nitrosodimethylamine Impurity in Valsartan Drug Substance By GC-MS Methods
- 4 Downloads
Methods for determining the genotoxic impurity N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) in valsartan drug substance by gas chromatography (GC) with mass-spectrometric detection in SIM and MRM modes using direct introduction and vapor-phase analysis are compared. The obtained LOQ and DL differed insignificantly. The test results led to the conclusion that use of a method corresponding to the capabilities and equipment of the laboratory was advisable.
Keywordsquality control GC-MS valsartan NDMA
- 2.O. A. Matveeva and E. L. Kovaleva, Khim.-farm. Zh., 49(11), 41 – 48 (2015).Google Scholar
- 5.FDA announces voluntary recall of several medicines containing valsartan following detection of an impurity; https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm613532.htm.
- 6.Combined Direct Injection N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) and N-Nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA) Impurity Assay by GC/MS; https: //www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DrugSafety/UCM623578.pdf [https: // www.fda.gov/media/117807/download].
- 8.SP RF XIVth Ed., Introduction. General Provisions. Drug Analysis Methods. GPM. 1.1.0012.15.Google Scholar
- 9.GC/MS Headspace Method for Detection of NDMA in Valsartan Drug Substance and Drug Products; https: //www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DrugSafety/UCM618053.pdf.
- 10.Combined Headspace N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), N-Nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA), N-Nitrosoethylisopropylamine (NEIPA), and N-Nitrosodiisopropylamine (NDIPA) Impurity Assay by GC-MS/MS; https: // www.fda.gov/media/124025/download.