Synthesis and Cytotoxic Activity of Hydroxy-Substituted Glaucocalyxin A
- 2 Downloads
Six new glaucocalyxin A derivatives were synthesized by hydroxy substitution, their structures were elucidated on the basis of spectral analysis, and cytotoxic activity was tested by MTT method. Not all of the obtained glaucocalyxin A derivatives have their cytotoxicity enhanced as a result of this substitution. Moreover, the hydroxy substitution did not increase the cytotoxicity of glaucocalyxin A significantly. Other glaucocalyxin A derivatives should be obtained by skeleton modification to find compounds with significant cytotoxicity for research and development of new antitumor drugs.
Keywordshydroxy-substituted glaucocalyxin A cytotoxicity synthesis
This work was supported by the Key Projects of Basic Science and Advanced Technology Research of Chongqing City (cstc2015jcyjBX0125) and Scientific Research Foundation of Chongqing Technology and Business University (2015-56-07).
- 1.Y. L. Xu, X. C. Sun, H. D. Sun, et al., Acta Bot. Yunn., 3(3), 283 – 286 (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.H. L. Jiang, M. Zhu, Y. Chen, et al., Chin. Trad. Pat. Med., 35(1), 86 – 89 (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Y. Yao, T. Liu, R. Liu, et al., J. Chongqing Technol. Business Univ. (Nat. Sci. Ed.), 31(12), 86 – 91 (2014).Google Scholar
- 6.C. J. Liu, Z. H. Zhao, Q. L. Wang, et al., Acta Bot. Yunn., 10(4), 471 – 474 (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.F. Huang, F. Q. Qu, X. Q. Ren, et al., J. Chongqing Technol. Business Univ. (Nat. Sci. Ed.), 32(1), 33 – 37 (2015).Google Scholar
- 9.Z. B. Xiang, Y. X. Xu, Y. S. Jin, et al., Asian J. Chem., 21(4), 2721 – 2725 (2009).Google Scholar
- 10.Z. B. Xiang, X. Shen, Y. Tang, et al., Asian J. Chem., 23(8), 3761 – 3762 (2011).Google Scholar