Development of a nanosomal formulation of moxifloxacin based on poly(butyl-2-cyanoacrylate)
- 153 Downloads
A nanosomal formulation of moxifloxacin has been prepared by anionic polymerization of poly(butyl-2-cyanoacrylate) in the presence of the drug. The poly(butyl-2-cyanoacrylate) nanoparticles absorb effectively moxifloxacin with a high total content and have a considerable capacity (> 45%). The influence of reaction parameters such as pH and drug-to-polymer ratio on the nanoparticle characteristics has been studied. The efficacy of the novel formulation has been evaluated in mice infected with M. tuberculosis. It is shown that the efficacy of the proposed nanosomal formulation for i.v. administration evaluated by a decrease in the lung mycobacteria count is more than twice that of a reference preparation.
KeywordsMoxifloxacin Pefloxacin Anionic Polymerization Average Nanoparticle Size Mannite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.J. Kreuter, ed., “Nanoparticles,” in: Colloidal Drug Delivery Systems, Marcel Dekker, New York (1994), pp. 291–342.Google Scholar
- 11.E. A. Oganesyan, A. P. Bud(ko, Yu. V. Stukalov, et al., Antibiot. Khimioter., 50, No. 8–9, 15–19 (2005).Google Scholar
- 13.M. I. Perel(man, G. B. Sokolova, G. N. Mozhokhina, et al., Antibiot. Khimioter., 49, No. 6, 20–24 (2004).Google Scholar
- 14.L. S. Strachunskii and V. A. Krechikov, Klin. Mikrobiol. Antimicrob. Khimioter., 3, 3–40 (2001).Google Scholar
- 18.C. M. Shoen, M. S. DeStefano, M. R. Sklaney, et al., Int. J. Antimicrob. Agents, 53, No. 4, 641–645 (2004).Google Scholar