Simultaneous measurement of temperature and magnetic field based on surface plasmon resonance and Sagnac interference in a D-shaped photonic crystal fiber
- 139 Downloads
A novel D-shaped photonic crystal fiber (PCF) sensor based on surface plasmon resonance (SPR) and Sagnac interference technology is proposed to realize the simultaneous measurement of temperature and magnetic field. Two ultra-large air-holes are introduced into the cladding layer to increase the birefringence. Magnetic fluid (MF) material is filled into the cladding air-holes to measure the temperature and magnetic field based on the dependence of the MF refractive index (RI) on temperature and magnetic field. The D-shaped flat surface coated with a gold layer is in direct contact with ethanol to achieve the dual-parameter demodulation and solve the cross-sensitivity problem. The proposed sensor has the advantages of high sensitivity and easy fabrication for the multi-parameter measurement applications.
KeywordsPhotonic crystal fiber Surface plasmon resonance Sagnac interference Fiber sensing
This work is supported by “the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities” (Grant No. 2018QNA40, China University of Mining and Technology).
- Chen, X., Xia, L., Li, C.: Surface plasmon resonance sensor based on a novel D-shaped photonic crystal fiber for low refractive index detection. IEEE Photonics J. PP(99), 1–9 (2018)Google Scholar
- Li, J., Fan, P., Tian, Z., et al.: Potential for simultaneous measurement of magnetic field and temperature utilizing fiber taper modal interferometer and magnetic fluid. IEEE Photonics J. 8(6), 1–9 (2016)Google Scholar
- Li, D., Zhang, W., Liu, H., et al.: High sensitivity refractive index sensor based on multicoating photonic crystal fiber with surface plasmon resonance at near-infrared wavelength. IEEE Photonics J. 9(2), 1–8 (2017b)Google Scholar
- Suryavanshi, R.C., Ghunawat, A.K., Jain, S., et al.: Optimization of highly nonlinear soft glass photonic crystal fiber with high birefringence. In: International Conference on Computer, Communications and Electronics, pp. 618–622 (2017)Google Scholar
- Zhao, Y., Cai, L., Li, X.G., et al.: A modal interferometer based on single mode fiber-hollow core fiber-single mode fiber structure filled with alcohol and magnetic fluid for simultaneously measuring magnetic field and temperature. Acta Phys. Sin. 7, 9–17 (2017)Google Scholar