High-reflectivity non-periodic sub-wavelength gratings with small-angle beam-steering ability and its application in Fabry–Perot cavity
We report a high-reflectivity non-periodic sub-wavelength gratings (SWGs) mirror with small-angle beam-steering ability for reflect light. It presents a distinctive characteristic of flexibly controlling the width of oscillation optical field for the improved Fabry–Perot (F–P) cavity. We propose a detailed principle analysis of the improved cavity. By finding out a set of SWGs with the designed structural parameters, both high reflectivity (> 93%) and beam steering (1°) can be implemented. By setting beam-steering angle and cavity length, we can control the width of oscillation optical field in the improved cavity. Beam steering ability and property of controlling the oscillation width are numerically investigated by finite element method. Simulation results prove that cavity length and steering angle can effectively control the main width of oscillation optical field, and the width is linearly associated with the cavity length.
KeywordsOptoelectronic devices Fabry–Perot cavity Non-periodic sub-wavelength gratings Distributed Bragg reflectors
The work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 61674018, 61574019 and 61674020), the Natural Science Foundation of Beijing Municipality, China (Grant No. 4132069), the Fund of State Key Laboratory of Information Photonics and Optical Communications (Grant No. IPOC2016ZT10).
- Bathe, K.: Finite Element Method. Wiley Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Engineering, pp. 394–409. Wiley, New York (2000)Google Scholar
- Fang, W., Huang, Y., Duan, X., Liu, K., Fei, J., Ren, X.: High-reflectivity high-contrast grating focusing reflector on silicon-on-insulator wafer. Chin. Phys. B 25, 306–310 (2016)Google Scholar
- Ma, C., Huang, Y., Duan, X., Ren, X.: High-transmittivity non-periodic sub-wavelength high-contrast grating with large-angle beam-steering ability. Chin. Opt. Lett. 12, 5–8 (2014)Google Scholar
- Moharam, M.G., Gaylord, T.K.: Regorous theory of planar-reflection-grating diffraction (a). J. Opt. Soc. Am. 72, 1917–1983 (1982)Google Scholar
- Wang, T., Chen, N., Zhao, Z., Pang, F., Chen, Z., Wang, T.: All-fiber power sensor based on silicon-germanium core fiber F–P cavity. J. Phys: Conf. Ser. 844, 012036 (2017)Google Scholar