Influence of the effect of two-photon interband absorption saturation on the photoexcitation of monocrystalline Si by intense femtosecond laser pulse
- 51 Downloads
Theoretical analysis of the influence of the effect of two-photon interband absorption saturation on space–time dynamics of the concentration of electron-hole plasma photoexcited under the action of a femtosecond laser pulse in monocrystalline silicon was carried out in this work. It was shown that the effects of the depletion of electrons in the valence band and the filling of conduction band may lead to a twofold decrease of the two-photon absorption coefficient and may also affect the concentration of photoexcited carriers achieved in the femtosecond laser treatment process.
KeywordsFemtosecond laser pulse Monocrystalline silicon Two-photon interband absorption
This work was supported by RFBR Grant #18-32-00839.
- Aktsipetrov, O.A., Baranova, I.M., Evtiuhov, K.N.: Nelineynaya optica kremniya i kremnyevyh nanostructur [Nonlinear Optics of Silicon and Silicon Nanostructures]. Fizmatlit, Moscow (2012). (in Russian) Google Scholar
- Bonch-Bruevich, A.M., Imas, Y.A., Libenson, N.M., Salyadinov, V.S., Shandybina, G.D., Yakovlev, E.B.: Volny prosvetleniya i potemneniya v kremnii, indutsiryemye izlucheniem neodimovogo OKG [Waves of enlightenment and darkening in silicon induced under the action of Ng:glass laser]. Tech. Phys. 47, 609–616 (1977). (In Russian)Google Scholar
- Uhanov, Yu.I.: Opticheskie svoistva polyprovodnikov [Optical Properties of Semiconductors]. Nauka, Moscow (1977). (in Russian) Google Scholar
- Veiko, V.P., Libenson, M.N., Chervyakov, G.G., Yakovlev, E.B.: Vzaimodeistvie Lazernogo Izlucheniya s Veshchestvom [Interaction of Laser Radiation with Matter]. Fizmatlit, Moscow (2008). (in Russian) Google Scholar
- Zorba, V., Persano, L., Pisignano, D., Athanassiou, A., Stratakis, E., Cingolani, R., Tzanetakis, P., Fotakis, C.: Making silicon hydrophobic: wettability control by two-lengthscale simultaneous patterning with femtosecond laser irradiation. Nanotechnology 17, 3234–3238 (2006)CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar