Numerical analysis of tin incorporated group IV alloy based MQWIP
- 17 Downloads
In this paper, a detailed theoretical analysis of the responsivity and frequency response in a strain balanced SiGeSn/GeSn multiple quantum well infrared photodetector (MQWIP) is presented. Initially, responsivity is calculated by solving continuity and rate equation at steady state considering inter well carrier transport mechanism. Transient response of the device is also derived to calculate bandwidth of the detector. Result shows that responsivity increases but bandwidth decreases with increase in number of wells. Further, responsivity bandwidth product in the MQWIP for different number of wells is also determined to study this trade-off.
KeywordsGeSn MQWIP Responsivity Bandwidth
This work is partly supported by the Center of Excellence in Renewable Energy, project under MHRD, Govt. of India (F. No. 5-6/2013-TS-VII) at Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad, India.
- Ang, K.W., et al.: Silicon photonics technologies for monolithic electronic–photonic integrated circuit (EPIC) applications: current progress and future outlook. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM), Baltimore, pp. 1–4 (2009)Google Scholar
- Bhattacharya, P.: Semiconductor Optoelectronic Devices, 2nd edn. Pearson Education Inc., New Jersey (1994)Google Scholar
- Das, M.K., Das, N.R.: Calculating the responsivity of a resonant cavity enhanced Si1−xGex/Si multiple quantum well photodetector. JAP 105, 093118:1–093118:8 (2009)Google Scholar
- El Kurdi, M., Kociniewski, T., Ngo, T.-P., Boulmer, J., Débarre, D., Boucaud, P., Damlencourt, J.F., Kermarrec, O., Bensahel, D.: Enhanced photoluminescence of heavily n-doped germanium. APL 94, 191107-1–191107-3 (2009)Google Scholar
- Pareek, P., Ranjan, R., Das, M.K.: Numerical analysis of Tin incorporated group IV alloy based MQWIP. In: Proceedings of 17th International Conference on Numerical Simulation of Optoelectronic Devices (NUSOD), Copenhagen, Denmark, pp. 141–142. IEEE Explorer (2017b). https://doi.org/10.1109/nusod.2017.8010031
- Soref, R.A.: The past, present, and future of silicon photonics. IEEE JSTQE 12, 1678–1687 (2006)Google Scholar
- Sze, S.M.: Physics of Semiconductor Devices. Wiley-Interscience, New Jersey (1969)Google Scholar