Mutual influence of Auger and non-radiative recombination processes under silicon femtosecond laser irradiation
- 69 Downloads
The results of theoretical study of the contribution of recombination processes in additional heating of the surface of monocrystalline silicon during multipulse femtosecond laser processing are presented to discussion. The numerical evaluations are made in regimes of the laser radiation below the ablation threshold, when the microgeometry of the surface is formed due to the processes of self-organization. The influence of Auger recombination processes on the photoexcitation of the semiconductor during the pulse and relaxation after the pulse is studied in detail. It is shown that the additional heating of the surface due to non-radiative recombination is extremely small at pulse repetition rate 10 Hz–1 MHz. Mutual influence of recombination processes of both types is shown.
KeywordsRecombination processes Femtosecond laser pulses Monocrystalline silicon
The authors are grateful to I.V. Guk for useful discussions. This work was supported by Grant 14-29-07227 from the Russian Foundation for Basic Research and by Grant 14-12-00351 from the Russian Science Foundation.
- Cerami, L., Mazur, L.E., Nolte, S., Schaffer, C.B.: Femtosecond laser Micromachining. Ultrafast Nonlinear Optics, Chapter 12. Springer, New York (2013)Google Scholar
- Hawley M.J.: High pressure studies of strained layer semiconductor’ lasers. Ph.D. thesis, University of Surrey, (1993)Google Scholar
- Ruzicka, B.A.: Ultrafast optical studies of electronic dynamics in semiconductors. Ph.D. thesis, University of Kansas (2012)Google Scholar
- Veiko, V.P., Libenson, M.N., Chervyakov, G.G., Yakovlev, E.B.: Vzaimodeistvie Lazernogo Izlucheniya s Veshchestvom [Interaction of Laser Radiation with Matter]. Fizmatlit, Moscow (2008)Google Scholar
- Willardson, R.K., Weber, E.R., Tsen, K.T.: Ultrafast Physical Processes in Semiconductors. Elsevier, Amsterdam (2000)Google Scholar
- Yakovlev, E.B., Sergaeva, O.N., Svirina, V.V., Yarchuk, M.V.: Modeling of thin Cr film oxidation under the action of ultrashort laser pulses. SPIE 9065, 906509-1-906509-6 (2013)Google Scholar