Birefringent optical fibers axial positioning technique for fiber Bragg gratings writing
An experimental setup for fiber Bragg gratings writing with preliminary optical fiber orientation has been described in this paper. The writing efficiency results of Bragg gratings of type I in birefringent optical fiber with an elliptical stress cladding at two extreme positions of the stress ellipse were presented. These results were compared to the similar data, received after the fiber Bragg gratings inscription in PANDA carried out in the same way.
KeywordsScattering interference pattern Fiber Bragg grating Phase mask Excimer laser Writing efficiency Birefringence Stress applying parts Anisotropic optical fiber
This work has been done at the ITMO University and supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (Unique identifier of the project: RFMEFI57815X0109, Contract No. 14.578.21.0109). Experimental studies have been supported by the Russian Science Foundation (RSF agreement No 14-12-00351).
- Aniano J.B.: System for determining birefringent axes in polarization-maintaining optical fiber. United States Patent 5317575 (1994)Google Scholar
- Eron’yan M.A.: Method of fabricating fiber lightguides that maintain the polarization of the radiation. Russian Patent 2155359 (2000)Google Scholar
- Fujikura Ltd: Product bulletin #88112000 on the FSM-2O PM. (1990)Google Scholar
- Kashyap, R.: Fiber Bragg Gratings. Academic Press, San Diego (1999)Google Scholar
- Kukushkin, S.A., Osipov, A.V., Shlyagin, M.G.: Formation of micropores in optical fibers under intense pulsed ultraviolet irradiation. Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 76(8), 73–84 (2006)Google Scholar
- Meshkovskiy, I.K., Varzhel, S.V., Belikin, M.N., Kulikov, A.V., Brunov, V.S.: Fiber Bragg gratings thermal annealing in the process of the fiber optic phase interferometric sensors fabrication. Izvestiya vuzov – Priborostroenie 56(5), 91–93 (2013)Google Scholar
- Varzhel’, S.V., Kulikov, A.V., Aseev, V.A., Brunov, V.S., Kal’ko, V.G., Arteev, V.A.: Single excimer laser pulse writing of narrow-band fiber Bragg reflectors by phase mask method. Sci. Technol. J. Inform. Technol. Mech. Opt. 75(5), 27–30 (2011)Google Scholar