Picosecond laser fabrication of microchannels inside Foturan glass at CO2 laser irradiation and following etching
- 154 Downloads
In this work, the formation of hollow-type microchannels in the bulk of a photostructurable glass of the brand Foturan is proposed. It is based on the chemical dissolution of crystallized areas, which are formed as a result of the action of picosecond laser pulses and photothermal treatment produced by CO2 laser irradiation. A speed of formation of microchannels was estimated. Microchannels formation features at each stage of laser irradiation are discussed, and the dependence of microchannels characteristics (size, shape and roughness of inner walls) on laser processing and chemical etching parameters were evaluated as well.
KeywordsPhotostructurable glass Picosecond laser pulses Photothermal treatment Phase transformation Chemical etching
The study was supported by a grant from leading universities of the RF (subsidy 074-U01) and RSF Agreement No. 14-12-00351. Also, the authors are grateful to Galina K. Kostyuk for her help with the discussion of results.
- Ageev, E., Kieu, K., Veiko, V.: Modification of photosensitive glass–ceramic Foturan by ultrashort laser pulses. In: Fundamentals of Laser Assisted Micro-and Nanotechnologies, pp. 79960R-79960R-79966. International Society for Optics and Photonics (2010)Google Scholar
- Berezhnoi, A.I.: Glass–Ceramics and Photo-Sitalls. Springer, US (2012)Google Scholar
- Cheng, Y., Sugioka, K., Masuda, M., Toyoda, K., Kawachi, M., Shihoyama, K., Midorikawa, K.: 3D microstructuring inside Foturan glass by femtosecond laser. Riken Rev. 50, 101–106 (2003)Google Scholar
- Stillman, J., Judy, J., Helvajian, H.: Aspect ratios, sizes, and etch rates in photostructurable glass–ceramic. In: MOEMS-MEMS 2008 Micro and Nanofabrication, pp. 68820J-68820J-68811. International Society for Optics and Photonics (2008a)Google Scholar
- Stillman, J., Judy, J., Helvajian, H.: Laser alteration of the mechanical properties of photostructurable glass–ceramic. In: Lasers and Applications in Science and Engineering, pp. 68790E-68790E-68797. International Society for Optics and Photonics (2008b)Google Scholar
- Veiko, V., Sergeev, M., Ageev, E., Petrov, A.: 3D express crystallization of Foturan glass at CO2 laser annealing on defects produced by picosecond laser. In: Fundamentals of Laser Assisted Micro-and Nanotechnologies, pp. 90650M-90650M-90657. International Society for Optics and Photonics (2013)Google Scholar