Role of recombination processes during multipulse femtosecond microstructuring of silicon surface
- 106 Downloads
In the paper the numerical evaluations of the contribution of recombination processes—Auger recombination and nonradiative recombination in the dynamics of the heating of silicon during multipulse femtosecond laser irradiation in the regimes of microstructuring of the surface are presented to discussion. The original three-step quantitative-analytical method is used for the calculations. The comparison with other heat accumulation effects is made. It is shown, that Auger recombination decreases maximum surface temperature and does not contribute in the heat accumulation effect. At pulse energy density below the threshold, increase in the heating due to nonradiative recombination is 20–25 % of the total residual temperature at pulse repetition rate 10–1000 Hz.
KeywordsAuger recombination Femtosecond multipulse microstructuring Nonradiative recombination Silicon
This work was supported by Russian Federation Government grant 074-U01 and by Russian Science Foundation (Agreement No. 14-12-00351).
- Ashcroft, N.W., Mermin, N.D.: Solid State Physics. Rinehart and Winston, Holt (1976)Google Scholar
- Cerami, L., Mazur, L.E., Nolte, S., Schaffer, C.B.: Femtosecond laser micromachining. Ultrafast nonlinear optics, Chapter 12, pp. 287–321. Springer, Berlin (2013)Google Scholar
- Martsinovsky, G.A., Shandybina, G.D., Dement’eva, Y.S., Dyukin, R.V., Zabotnov, S.V., Golovan’, L.A., Kashkarov, P.K.: Generation of surface electromagnetic waves in semiconductors under the action of femtosecond laser pulses. Semicond. 43, 1298–1304 (2009)Google Scholar
- Peng, Y., Zhu, Y.M.: Evolution of micro-spikes on silicon surface etched by femtosecond laser with different fabrication conditions. Proc. SPIE 8271 82710I-1–82710I-13 (2012)Google Scholar
- Yakovlev, E.B., Sergaeva, O.N., Svirina, V.V., Yarchuk, M.V.: Modeling of thin Cr film oxidation under the action of ultrashort laser pulses. SPIE 9065, 906509-1–906509-6 (2013)Google Scholar
- Zhu, J., W. Li, W., Zhao, M., Yin, G., Chen, X., Chen, D., Zhao, L.: Silicon microstructuring using ultrashort laser pulses. Lasers Mater. Process. Manuf. II China, 276–283 (2005)Google Scholar