Characteristics of the Phase Noise Correlation of Injection Locked Lasers for RF Signal Generation and Transmission
- 117 Downloads
Theoretical and experimental results on phase noise characteristics of an optical radio-frequency generation and transmission system using heterodyne photo-detection and side band injection locking is reported. Optical phase noise correlation of the lasers is achieved by noise transfer from a modulated master laser. Our investigation takes into account phase noise enhancement in optical comb generation, injection dynamic, path delay, and fiber dispersion. Theoretical expressions are derived from an adiabatic approximation and compared with experimental measures.
Keywordsinjection locking optical correlation phase noise radio-over-fiber
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Braun, R.P. and G. Grosskopf. 24th European Conference on Optical Communications, 20–24 September 1998. 1 665.Google Scholar
- Campuzano, G., P. Gallion and G. Debarge. 14th Annual Meeting of the IEEE LEOS, 800, 2001.Google Scholar
- Logan R.T. IEEE MTT-S Dig. 1741, 1994.Google Scholar
- Petermann, K. Laser Diode Modulation and Noise, Kluwer Acadamic Publishers Dordrecht, 123, 1988.Google Scholar
- Sayyah, K. and D. Yap. International Topical Meetings on Microwave Photonics, MWP 2003 Proceedings 38 329, 2003.Google Scholar
- Schmuck H., Heidemann R. and Hofstetter R. Electron Lett 30 1994.Google Scholar