Generation of Entangled Two-Photon Binomial States in Two Spatially Separate Cavities
- First Online:
- 13 Downloads
We propose a conditional scheme to generate entangled two-photon generalized binomial states inside two separate single-mode high-Q cavities. This scheme requires that the two cavities are initially prepared in entangled one-photon generalized binomial states and exploits the passage of two appropriately prepared two-level atoms one in each cavity. The measurement of the ground state of both atoms is finally required when they exit the cavities. We also give a brief evaluation of the experimental feasibility of the scheme.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. S. Bell, Physics 1, 195 (1964).Google Scholar
- J. Preskill, Quantum Information and Computation, in Lecture Notes for Physics 229, http://theory.caltech.edu/ preskill/ph229 (1998).
- P. Meystre, Cavity Quantum Optics and the Quantum Measurement process, in Progress in Optics XXX, E. Wolf, ed., Elsevier Science Publishers B. V., New York, 1992.Google Scholar
- E. T. Jaynes and F.W. Cummings, P.I.E.E.E. 51, 89 (1963).Google Scholar
- S. Haroche, Course 13, Cavity Quantum Electrodynamics, in: Les Houches Session LIII 1990, Systémes Fondamentaux en Optique Quantique, Elsevier Science Publishers B. V., New York, 1992.Google Scholar