Secure communication on fractional-order chaotic systems via adaptive sliding mode control with teaching–learning–feedback-based optimization
- 146 Downloads
Due to the significance of secure communication, we do a research about this problem based on fractional-order chaotic systems, where a communication scheme is presented for encryption and decryption of the signal. Through applying Lyapunov stability theory and property of fractional calculus, an adaptive sliding mode controller is designed to achieve the synchronization phase between encryption system with encryption source and decryption system, which offers a tool to the decryption process. To improve the precision and speed of the decryption, we further put forward an optimization strategy for some parameters of the developed controller based on root mean square error of certain variable as a performance indicator. Meanwhile, as an improved teaching–learning-based optimization algorithm, teaching–learning–feedback-based optimization (TLFBO) algorithm is proposed to optimize the parameters more excellently. Subsequently, the simulation experiments, which contain performance test for TLFBO algorithm and secure communication of the signal, are, respectively, conducted on the benchmark functions as well as fractional-order Lorenz system with encryption source and fractional-order Lü system. At last, the experiment results illustrate the feasibility and practicability of the provided method by comparing with some other ones.
KeywordsFractional-order chaotic systems Adaptive sliding mode control Optimization strategy Teaching–learning–feedback-based optimization (TLFBO) algorithm Secure communication
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NNSFC) (No. 61522302). In addition, the authors would like to thank the editor and reviewers for their valuable suggestions on improving the manuscript.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that this research complies with ethical standards, as well as there is no conflict of interests regarding the publication of this manuscript.
- 2.Luo, S., Li, S., Tajaddodianfar, F., Hu, J.: Observer-based adaptive stabilization of the fractional-order chaotic MEMS resonator. Nonlinear Dyn. (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11071-018-4109-1
- 11.Pu, Y.-F., Yuan, X., Yu, B.: Analog circuit implementation of fractional-order memristor: arbitrary-order lattice scaling fracmemristor. IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I PP(99), 1–14 (2018)Google Scholar
- 13.Muthukumar, P., Balasubramaniam, P., Ratnavelu, K.: Sling mode control for generalized robust synchronization of mismatched fractional order dynamical systems and its application to secure transmission of voice messages. ISA Trans. (2017). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isatra.2017.07.007
- 18.Lassoued, A., Boubaker, O.: Hybrid synchronization of multiple fractional-order chaotic systems with ring connection. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Modelling, Identification and Control, Algiers, Algeria, November, pp. 109-114 (2016)Google Scholar
- 20.Xue, W, Zhang, M., Rui Wang, R: Synchronization of fractional-order PMSM chaotic model based on backstepping control method. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Modelling, Identification and Control, Kunming, China, pp. 647–651 (2017)Google Scholar
- 29.Xu, C., Yang, X., Lu, J., Feng, J., Alsaadi, F.E., Hayat, T.: Finite-time synchronization of networks via quantized intermittent pinning control. IEEE Trans. Cybern. PP(99), 1–7 (2017)Google Scholar
- 30.Delavari, H., Mohadeszadeh, M.: Robust finite-time synchronization of non-identical fractional-order hyperchaotic systems and its application in secure communication. IEEE/CAA J. Autom. Sin. PP(99), 1–8 (2016)Google Scholar
- 32.Dasgupta, T., Paral, P., Bhattacharya, S.: Fractional-order sliding mode control based chaos synchronization and secure communication. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics, Coimbatore, India, pp. 1–6 (2015)Google Scholar
- 33.Souaia, M.A., Trabelsi, H., Saad, K.B.: Synchronization of the Liu chaotic system and its application in secure communication. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Control, Automation and Diagnosis, Hammamet, Tunisia, pp. 434–438 (2017)Google Scholar
- 47.He, S., Sun, K.: Dynamics of the fractional-order Lorenz system based on Adomian decomposition method and its DSP implementation. IEEE/CAA J. Autom. Sin. PP(99), 1–6 (2016)Google Scholar
- 51.Gunji, B., Deepak, B.B.B.V.L., Bahubalendruni, C.M.V.A.R., Biswal, D.B.B.: An optimal robotic assembly sequence planning by assembly subsets detection method using teaching learning-based optimization algorithm. IEEE Trans. Autom. Sci. Eng. PP(99), 1–17 (2018)Google Scholar
- 52.Li, X., Li, K., Yang, Z.: Teaching-learning-feedback-based optimization. In: Proceedings of International Conference in Swarm Intelligence, Fukuoka, Japan, July–August, pp. 71–79 (2017)Google Scholar