A novel bit permutation-based image encryption algorithm
- 113 Downloads
In recent years, substantial work has been done for developing image encryption algorithms. Image encryption requires handling of large data, which needs computationally efficient algorithm. Chaos-based image encryption has been proposed against conventional encryption techniques. Cryptosystem using chaotic systems for image encryption has proven to be computationally effective. In this paper, a new approach to bit permutation in image encryption has been proposed using a three-dimensional puzzle along with chaos for further diffusion and confusion. The proposed encryption algorithm is tested for security and validity using various analyses. The result for tests proves that the proposed algorithm provides security against statistical and differential attacks.
KeywordsRubik’s cube Chaos Image encryption Statistical attack Differential attack
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Aloka, S., Kehar, S.: A technique for image encryption using digital signature. Optics Commun. 218(4–6), 229–234 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Chen, H.C., Guo, J.I., Huang, L.C., Yen, J.C.: Design and realization of a new signal security system for multimedia data transmission. EURASIP J. Appl. Signal Process. 2003, 1291–1305 (2003)Google Scholar
- 20.Li, S., Li, C., Chen, G., Zhang, D., Bourbakis, N.G.: A general cryptanalysis of permutation-only multimedia encryption algorithms. IACRs Cryptol. ePrint Arch. Rep. 374, 2004 (2004)Google Scholar
- 28.Zeghid, M., Machhout, M., Khriji, L., Baganne, A., Tourki, R.: A modified aes based algorithm for image encryption. World Acad. Sci. Eng. Technol. 27, 206–211 (2007)Google Scholar
- 30.Zhang, L.B., Zhu, Z.L., Yang, B.Q., Liu, W.Y., Zhu, H.F., Zou, M.Y.: Cryptanalysis and improvement of an efficient and secure medical image protection scheme. Math. Probl. Eng. 2015, 1–11 (2015)Google Scholar