Dynamic gain control of teleoperating cyber-physical system with time-varying delay
- 69 Downloads
Many industry applications of teleoperating cyber-physical system (TCPS) require operator and slave to keep state synchronization on the shared information. However, the cyber-constrained property of TCPS makes it challenging to achieve such a synchronization. This paper is concerned with a state synchronization problem for TCPS, subjected to time-varying communication delay in cyber channels. A proportional-derivative (PD) controller with dynamic gains is designed to enforce the state synchronization of master and slave robots. Particularly, the gains are in the form of incremental rates, which can be dynamically adjusted by the delayed inputs. By introducing an appropriate state transformation, the dynamics of master and slave robots are rearranged as port-Hamiltonian systems, through which the state synchronization is converted into a stabilization problem of the augmented system. Meanwhile, stability conditions are given to show that the proposed synchronization controller can stabilize the closed-loop TCPS. Finally, simulation and experiment results are performed to show the validity of our proposed method. It is demonstrated that the adjustable gain-based synchronization controller can improve the dynamic and steady-state performance of TCPS by comparing with the traditional PD controllers.
KeywordsSynchronization Teleoperation Cyber-physical system Dynamic gain Time delays
This work was partially supported by NSFC under 61503320, 61873345 and 61603328, by Youth Talent Support Program of Hebei under BJ2018050, by Teturned Overseas Chinese Scholar Foundation of Hebei under C201829, and by Civil-military Integration Foundation of Hebei under 2018B220.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that there is no conflict of interest regarding the publication of this paper.
- 3.Dong, W., Ghalia, M., Chen, C., et al.: Teleoperation of a cluster of mobile robots subject to model uncertainty. In: Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pp. 6436–6441 (2013)Google Scholar
- 22.Yan, J., Wan, Y., Chen, C., et al.: Formation control of teleoperating cyber-physical system subject to time delay and actuator saturation constraints. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 4358–4363 (2016)Google Scholar
- 26.Lin, W., Zhang, X., Lin, Y.: Iterative changing supply rates, dynamic state feedback and adaptive stabilization of time-delay systems. IEEE Trans. Autom. Control PP(99), 1–8 (2018)Google Scholar
- 29.Kelly, R., Santibez, V., Loria, A.: Control of Robot Manipulators in Joint Space. Springer, London (2005)Google Scholar
- 33.Experiment of the static gain-based controller. http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjg5ODUwNTUyOA==.html?spm=a2hww.20023042.uerCenter.5!2~5~5!2~5~DL~DD!2~A. Accessed July 2017
- 34.Experiment of the dynamic gain-based controller. http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjg5ODUxMDMyMA==.html?spm=a2h0j.8191423.uerCenter.5!2~5~5!2~5~DL~DD~A. Accessed July 2017