The nonlinear dynamics response of cracked gear system in a coal cutter taking environmental multi-frequency excitation forces into consideration
- 704 Downloads
The normal operation of gear systems ensures the power transmission in coal cutters. Due to harsh work environment, the gears in coal cutters are prone to crack. By analyzing the gear dynamic response, useful crack detection indicators could be obtained. The literature review indicates that most of the gear dynamic models have been built with single-frequency excitation, but very limited work has considered multi-frequency excitations. The coal cutter gear systems are always subjected to multi-frequency excitations. Hence, a nonlinear gear dynamic model taking multi-frequency excitations into account was established in this work. A meshing stiffness coefficient was defined to model the crack fault influence on the gear model. The amplitude–frequency of the model main resonance was analyzed by means of multi-scale method, and the model dynamic response was calculated by the incremental harmonic balance method. Numerical simulation results show that the dynamic response of the presented gear model provided strong chaotic characteristics and the chaotic degree of the gear dynamics increased with the deterioration of the crack level. Experimental validation was carried out on a real gearbox, and the analysis results were consistent with the simulations. Hence, the simulation and experimental analysis demonstrates that the multi-frequency excitation-based gear dynamic model was more correct than the single-frequency excitation-based model in representing the system dynamics.
KeywordsDynamic model Nonlinear response Gear system Gear crack Choas
This research was funded by the National Natural Sciences Foundation of China (NSFC) (Nos. 51375480; 51505475), the Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province (No. BK20140200) and the Priority Academic Program Development of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions.
- 1.Li, Z., Ge, S., Zhu, H.: Key issues in the wear fault monitoring and diagnosis for critical components of coal cutters under deep coal seam. Tribology 34(6), 729–730 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Qian, P.: Fault diagnosis and reliability analysis for transmission system of shearer cutting part. Ph. D. Thesis, China University of Mining and Technology, Xuzhou (2015)Google Scholar
- 22.Yang, D., Dong, L., Shi, J., Lan, C.: Duffing system vibration behavior under multi-frequency excitation. J. Vib. Shock 30(12), 19–22 (2011)Google Scholar
- 26.Zhao, Z., Zhang, M., Yang, S., Xing, H.: A Duffing–van der Pol system’s vibration behavior under multi-frequency excitation. J. Vib. Shock 32(19), 76–79 (2013)Google Scholar
- 29.Li, Y., Chen, T., Wang, X., Yu, K., Zhou, H., Zhang, Z.: Nonlinear dynamics of spur gear pair under external periodic excitation. J. Xian Jiaotong Univ. 48(1), 1014–1105 (2014)Google Scholar
- 36.Gu, X., Liu, Y., Yang, S., Liao, Y.: Fault diagnosis of rolling bearing based on characteristic auantities of chaotic attractor. J. Shijiazhuang Tiedao Univ. 28, 91–95 (2015)Google Scholar
- 37.Cencini, M., Cecconi, F., Vulpiani, A.: Chaos: From Simple Models to Complex Systems. World Scientific Publishing Company, Singapore (2010)Google Scholar