Exact and numerical solutions of coupled short pulse equation with time-dependent coefficients
- 383 Downloads
Using the Lie symmetry approach, the authors have examined exact and numerical solutions of coupled short pulse equation with time-dependent coefficients. The method reduces the system of partial differential equations to a system of ordinary differential equations according to the Lie symmetry admitted. In particular, we found the relevant system of ordinary differential equations for all optimal subgroups. The system of ordinary differential equations is further studied in general to obtain exact and numerical solutions. Several new physically important families of exact and numerical solutions are derived.
KeywordsCSP equation Lie symmetry analysis Exact solutions Numerical solutions
We are very grateful to editors and reviewers for their careful work on the manuscript and their constructive comments.
- 5.Brunelli, J.C.: The short pulse hierarchy. J. Math. Phys. 46, 123507 (9 pp) (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Feng, B.F., Maruno, K., Ohta, Y.: Integrable discretizations of the short pulse equation. J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 43, 085203 (14 pp) (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Feng, B.F.: An integrable coupled short pulse equation. J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 45, 085202 (14 pp) (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Brunelli, J.C., Sakovich, S.: Hamiltonian integrability of two-component short pulse equations. J. Math. Phys. 54, 012701 (12 pp) (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Kumar, V., Gupta, R.K., Jiwari, R.: Comparative study of travelling wave and numerical solutions for the coupled short pulse (CSP) equation. Chin. Phys. B 22, 050201 (7 pp) (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Helfrich, K.R., Melville, W.K., Miles, J.W.: On interfacial solitary waves over variable topography. J. Fluid Mech. 149, 305–317 (1984)Google Scholar
- 12.Mowafy, A.E., El-Shewy, E.K., Moslem, W.M., Zahran, M.A.: Effect of dust charge fluctuation on the propagation of dust-ion acoustic waves in inhomogeneous mesospheric dusty plasma. Phys. Plasmas 15, 073708 (9 pp) (2008)Google Scholar
- 13.Meng, G.Q., Gao, Y.T., Yu, X., Shen, Y.J., Qin, Y.: Painlevé analysis, Lax pair, Bäcklund transformation and multi-soliton solutions for a generalized variable-coefficient KdV-mKdV equation in fluids and plasmas. Phys. Scr. 85, 055010 (12pp) (2012)Google Scholar