Dynamic load-carrying capacity of a novel redundantly actuated parallel conveyor
- 475 Downloads
Conveyors are important equipment in the painting shop. Conveyors with cantilever beams have low load-carrying capacity and can carry small cars. To solve this problem, this paper presents a novel conveyor that uses redundantly actuated parallel manipulators. A method is proposed to obtain the maximum dynamic load-carrying capacity of the conveyor by optimizing the internal forces of the redundantly actuated parallel manipulators. To improve the dynamic load-carrying capacity, approaches using counterweights are utilized and compared. Furthermore, the maximum dynamic load-carrying capacity of the redundant parallel manipulator is compared with that of its nonredundant counterpart.
KeywordsConveyor Parallel manipulator Dynamic load-carrying capacity Dynamics Counterweight
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51105225, 51225503, 51375210), and a foundation for the author of national excellent doctoral dissertation of PR China (201137), the Science and Technology Major Project-Advanced NC Machine Tools & Basic Manufacturing Equipments (2013ZX04004021, 2014ZX04002051), and the Fund of Beijing Key Lab of Precision/Ultra-precision Manufacturing Equipments and Control(No. PMEC 201206).
- 1.Stechbart, B. E., Anda, W. H.: Overhead power and free conveyor system. US Patent 3,948,186 (1976)Google Scholar
- 2.Tetzloff, J. M.: Carrier locking system for pendulum conveyor. Us Patent 6,374,993 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Hobson, N. M.: Low noise hydraulic power unit for an auto-hoist lift. US Patent 6,029,448 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Roobol, N.R., Roobol, N.R.: Roobol on painting, Industrial Paint and Powder, p. 46. Hanser Gardner Publications, Cincinnati (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Creighton, J.: Electrocoat 2006 -Get more. Prod. Finish. 70(6), 34 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Weinand, H.J.: Plant for the treatment, in particular the cataphoretic dip coating of objects, in particular of vehicle chassis. US Patent 7,323,059 B2 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Wu, J., Wang, L.P., You, Z.: A new method for optimum design of parallel manipulator based on kinematics and dynamic. Nonlinear Dyn. 61(4), 717–727 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Wu, J., Li, T.M., Wang, J.S., Wang, L.P.: Stiffness and natural frequency of a 3-DOF parallel manipulator with consideration of additional leg candidates. Robot. Auton. Syst. 61(8), 868–875 (2013)Google Scholar
- 15.Nahon, M.A., Angeles, J.: Real-time force optimization in parallel kinematic chains under inequality constraints. IEEE Trans. Robot. Autom. 8(4), 439–450 (1992) Google Scholar