A study on the effect of structure parameters on the dynamic characteristics of a PRRRP parallel manipulator
This paper studies the effect of structure parameters on the dynamic characteristics of a planar PRRRP parallel manipulator. The stiffness model is derived by considering the effect of joint. Based on the stiffness matrix, the vibration equation of this parallel manipulator is investigated to study the dynamic characteristics. The natural frequency is computed, and the effect of Y and Z coordinate on the natural frequency is discussed. Moreover, the sensitivity model of the dynamic characteristic to critical structure parameters is proposed. The thickness of column and leg, the radial stiffness of bearing, and the lumped mass on the end-effector are determined based on the natural frequency and sensitivity index. The results are useful to the structure design of parallel manipulators.
KeywordsDynamic characteristics Parallel manipulator Natural frequency Sensitivity
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51105225, 51225503) and a Foundation for the Author of National Excellent Doctoral Dissertation of PR China (201137), the National Science and Technology Specific Projects (2013ZX04004021), and the Fund of State Key Laboratory of Tribology (No. SKLT11C01).
- 8.Hao, Q., Guan, L.W., Wang, J.S., et al.: GA-based dynamic manipulability optimization of a 2-DOF planar parallel manipulator. In: IEEE Conference on Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics, Singapore, vol. 7, pp. 46–51 (2010) Google Scholar
- 12.Zhao, Y.J.: Dynamic design theory and methodology of the high-speed and light-weight parallel robot. Ph.D. dissertation, Tianjin University (2006) Google Scholar
- 13.Kang, B., Mills, J.K.: Dynamic modeling and vibration control of high speed planar parallel manipulator. In: IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Maui Hawaii, USA, pp. 1287–1292 (2001) Google Scholar
- 14.Fattah, A., Angeles, J., Misra, A.K.: Dynamics of a 3-DOF spatial parallel manipulator with flexible links. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Nagoya, Japan, pp. 627–633 (1995) Google Scholar
- 17.Zhang, H.: Analysis and experiments of stiffness and dynamics for hybrid machine tools. Ph.D. dissertation, Tsinghua University (2004) Google Scholar