On the stability and boundedness of solutions to third order nonlinear differential equations with retarded argument
- 97 Downloads
This paper investigates stability and boundedness of solutions to third order nonlinear differential equation with retarded argument:
By the use of the Lyapunov functional, sufficient conditions for stability and boundedness of solutions to the considered equations are obtained. Examples are introduced throughout the paper for illustrations.
KeywordsStability Boundedness Lyapunov functional Third order nonlinear differential
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Èl’sgol’ts, L.È.: Introduction to the Theory of Differential Equations with Deviating Arguments. Holden-Day, San Francisco (1966). Translated from the Russian by Robert J. McLaughlin Google Scholar
- 5.Èl’sgol’ts, L.È., Norkin, S.B.: Introduction to the Theory and Application of Differential Equations with Deviating Arguments. Mathematics in Science and Engineering, vol. 105. Academic Press, New York (1973). A Subsidiary of Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Publishers. Translated from the Russian by John L. Casti MATHGoogle Scholar
- 18.Tunç, C.: Uniform ultimate boundedness of the solutions of third-order nonlinear differential equations. Kuwait J. Sci. Eng. 32(1), 39–48 (2005) Google Scholar
- 23.Tunç, C.: Stability and boundedness of solutions of nonlinear differential equations of third-order with delay. Differ. Uravn. Protsessy Upr. 3, 1–13 (2007) Google Scholar
- 25.Tunç, C.: On the stability of solutions to a certain fourth-order delay differential equation. Nonlinear Dyn. 51(1–2), 71–81 (2008) Google Scholar
- 26.Yoshizawa, T.: Stability theory by Liapunov’s second method. The Mathematical Society of Japan, Tokyo (1966) Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2008