Zhang Neural Dynamics Approximated by Backward Difference Rules in Form of Time-Delay Differential Equation
- 89 Downloads
Time-varying matrix inversion (TVMI) and tracking control of vehicular inverted pendulum (VIP) system are usually considered as two important benchmarking examples in mathematical science and control fields. In this paper, Zhang neural dynamics (ZND) method is used for solving these two problems. Besides, in order to investigate the effect of time delay (especially the time delay caused by the derivative approximation) on the ZND method when solving the above-mentioned two problems, backward difference rules in the form of time-delay differential equation are elegantly applied to approximating the ZND method, which is simply termed time-delay ZND method. Moreover, two theorems about time-delay ZND method are presented together with theoretical proofs. Finally, simulative tests of TVMI and tracking control of VIP system are conducted to show the effectiveness and accuracy of non-time-delay and time-delay ZND methods.
KeywordsZhang neural dynamics (ZND) Time delay Backward difference rules Time-varying matrix inversion (TVMI) Tracking control
The work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (with number 61473323). Kindly note that all authors of the paper are jointly of the first authorship.
- 11.Xiao L (2017) A finite-time convergent Zhang neural network and its application to real-time matrix square root finding. Neural Comput Appl. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00521-017-3010-z
- 27.Guo D, Qiu B, Ke Z, Yang Z (2014) Case study of Zhang matrix inverse for different ZFs leading to different nets. In: Proceedings of international joint conference on neural networks. pp 2764–2769Google Scholar
- 28.Fella C, Abderrazak B, Abdelhak B (2018) A simplified architecture of the Zhang neural network for Toeplitz linear systems solving. Neural Process Lett 47:391–401Google Scholar
- 34.Mao M, Li W, Qiu B, Tan H, Zhang Y (2015) ZG control for nonlinear system 2-output tracking with GD used additionally once more. In: Proceedings of the 4th international conference on computer science and network technology. pp 1541–1544Google Scholar
- 35.Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Chen D, Xiao Z, Yan X (2016) From Davidenko method to Zhang dynamics for nonlinear equation systems solving. IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern 99:1–14Google Scholar
- 40.Liu M, Jiang H, Hu C (2018) New results for exponential synchronization of memristive Cohen–Grossberg neural networks with time-varying delays. Neural Process Lett. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11063-017-9728-x
- 41.Samidurai R, Rajavel S, Cao J, Alsaedi A, Ahmad B (2018) New delay-dependent stability criteria for impulsive neural networks with additive time-varying delay components and leakage term. Neural Process Lett. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11063-018-9855-z
- 42.Li Y, Qin J, Li B (2018) Anti-periodic solutions for quaternion-valued high-order Hopfield neural networks with time-varying delays. Neural Process Lett. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11063-018-9867-8
- 50.Pearson D (1995) Calculus and ordinary differential equations. Butterworth Heinemann, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- 52.Poorhossein A, Vahidian-Kamyad A (2010) Design and implementation of Sugeno controller for inverted pendulum on a cart system. In: Proceedings of the 8th international symposium on intelligent systems and informatics. pp 641–646Google Scholar