New strategies of anthropophagy in Brazilian/Portuguese digital literature
This article intends to discuss an example of contemporary digital literary creation, based on anthropophagy as a cultural mechanism. Oswald de Andrade, one of the leaders of Brazilian modernism, published his Anthropophagic Manifesto in 1928, where he argued that “what is not mine interests me”. In fact, translated into our contemporary culture, this Manifesto could explain some issues of Brazil’s intellectual and cultural environment: the “only what is not mine interests me” could be complementarily read as “what is mine does not interest me”; the anthropophagus would disdain that which is his own and ceaselessly search for the references to the Other. That attitude would be important to understand not only cultural processes, but it could also describe some strategies of contemporary digital literary creations, as Amor de Clarice, created by the Portuguese artist and intellectual Rui Torrres.
KeywordsShort Story Graphic Scene Prose Digital Reading Mine Interest
- Beiguelman, G. (2003). O livro depois do livro. Accessed March 18, 2009, from http://www.desvirtual.com/thebook/index.htm.
- de Assis, M. (2009). O Espelho. Accessed March 18, 2009, from http://www.machadodeassis.ufsc.br/obras/contos/CONTO,%20Papeis%20Avulsos,%201882.htm#o_espelho_abaixo.
- de Freitas, L. (1983, September 18). Desentranhando poemas da prosa de Clarice Lispector. O Estado de São Paulo. Accessed March 18, 2009, from http://br.geocities.com/claricegurgelvalente/artigos_04.htm.
- de Sá-Carneiro, M. (2009). Dispersão. Accessed March 18, 2009, from http://purl.pt/240/1/P23.html.
- dos Santos, A. L. (1998). Textualidade literária e hipertexto informatizado. In Anais do Congresso da Associação Brasileira de Literatura Comparada, 1996, Rio de Janeiro. Rio de Janeiro: ABRALIC.Google Scholar
- dos Santos, A. L. (2003). Leitura de nós. São Paulo: Instituto Cultural Itaú.Google Scholar
- dos Santos, A. L. (2007). Palavra e imagem na criação poética digital. In M. Rettenmaier & T. M. K. Rösing (Eds.), Questões de leitura no hipertexto (pp. 15–31). Passo Fundo: Ed. Universidade de Passo Fundo.Google Scholar
- Lispector, C. (1960). Amor. In Laços de família. Rio de Janeiro: Francisco Alves. Also Accessed March 18, 2009, from http://www.releituras.com/clispector_amor.asp.
- Rettore, P. (2008). Pequenas Navegações: Cartas de Amor. Illustrated by P. Rettore & M. Kraiser. Belo Horizonte: Ed. do Autor.Google Scholar
- Sáez, O. C. (2009). Iaminauás: os ‘índios dos índios’. In JB Online. Accessed March 18, 2009, from http://jbonline.terra.com.br/leiajb/noticias/2008/09/14/niteroi/iaminauas_os_indios_dos_indios.html.
- Torres, R. (2009). Amor de Clarice. Accessed March 18, 2009, from http://telepoesis.net/amorclarice/amor.html.