Spindle Mn2O3/carbon hybrid with homogeneous structure as advanced electrodes for supercapacitors
- 13 Downloads
Despite the great advantages of manganese oxide/carbon composites as the electrodes for supercapacitors, homogeneous hybrid with intimate contact between manganese oxide and carbon has been rarely achieved. Here, spindle Mn2O3/carbon hybrid was designed and synthesized via a hydrothermal process following a heat treatment procedure, in which Mn2O3 was homogeneously and intimately contacted with carbon. When the Mn2O3/carbon hybrid was evaluated as the active material in an asymmetric supercapacitor, a specific capacitance of 235 F g−1 was obtained at a current density of 50 mA g−1, and a rate capability was 44.9% specific capacitance retention even when the current density is increased by 100 times, as well as a long-term cycle was stabilize.
KeywordsManganese oxide Carbon Homogeneous hybrid Electrode Supercapacitor
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Chen H, Hu LF, Yan Y, Che RC, Chen M, Wu LM (2013a) One-step fabrication of ultrathin porous nickel hydroxide-manganese dioxide hybrid nanosheets for supercapacitor electrodes with excellent capacitive performance. Adv Energy Mater 3:1636–1646. https://doi.org/10.1002/aenm.201300580 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Du Y, Zhao X, Huang Z, Li Y, Zhang Q (2014) Freestanding composite electrodes of MnOx embedded carbon nanofibers for high-performance supercapacitors. RSC Adv 4:39087–39094. https://doi.org/10.1039/C4RA06301E10.1039/c4ra06301e CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Li Z, Wang J, Wang Z, Ran H, Yang L, Han X, Yang S (2012b) Synthesis of a porous birnessite manganese dioxide hierarchical structure using thermally reduced graphene oxide paper as a sacrificing template for supercapacitor application. New J Chem 36(7):1490–1495. https://doi.org/10.1039/c2nj21052e CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Liu R, Zhao S, Zhang M, Feng F, Shen Q (2015) High interfacial lithium storage capability of hollow porous Mn2O3 nanostructures obtained from carbonate precursors. Chem Commun 51:5728–5731. https://doi.org/10.1039/C5CC00402K10.1039/c5cc00402k CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Ramirez-Castro C, Crosnier O, Athouel L, Retoux R, Belanger D, Brousse T (2015) Electrochemical performance of carbon/MnO2 nanocomposites prepared via molecular bridging as supercapacitor electrode materials. J Electrochem Soc 162(5):A5179–A5184. https://doi.org/10.1149/2.0221505jes CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Sodtipinta J, Pon-On W, Veerasai W, Smith SM, Pakawatpanurut P (2013) Chelating agent- and surfactant-assisted synthesis of manganese oxide/carbon nanotube composite for electrochemical capacitors. Mater Res Bull 48(3):1204–1212. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.materresbull.2012.12.042 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Wei C, Leea PS, Zhichuan X (2014) A comparison of carbon supports in MnO2/C supercapacitors. RSC Adv 4:31416–31423. https://doi.org/10.1039/C4RA04914D10.1039/c4ra04914d CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Xiong C, Yang Q, Dang W, Li M, Li B, Su J, Liu Y, Zhao W, Duan C, Dai L, Xu Y, Ni Y (2020) Fabrication of eco-friendly carbon microtubes @ nitrogen-doped reduced graphene oxide hybrid as an excellent carbonaceous scaffold to load MnO2 nanowall (PANI nanorod) as bifunctional material for high-performance supercapacitor and oxygen reduction reaction catalyst. J Power Sources 447:227387CrossRefGoogle Scholar