Mannitol-assisted synthesis of ultrathin Bi2MoO6 architectures: excellent selective adsorption and photocatalytic performance
Ultrathin structures have gained more and more attention due to their large surface area and abundant reactive sites, which are beneficial for the improvement of performances. Herein, we report an ultrathin Bi2MoO6 synthesized by a simple mannitol-assisted hydrothermal method for the first time. The as-synthesized ultrathin Bi2MoO6 exhibits highly selective adsorption efficiency toward various positively charged organic dyes. Moreover, the ultrathin Bi2MoO6 displays enhanced photocatalytic activity in comparison with pristine Bi2MoO6. Systematic photoelectrochemical measurements reveal that the higher separation efficiency of photogenerated carriers takes responsibility for the improved photocatalytic performance. This work provides a simple path for designing ultrathin nanoarchitectures and widening application for these ultrathin materials.
KeywordsUltrathin nanosheets Selective adsorption Photodegradation Mannitol Nanostructured catalysts
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC, 51462025 and 51764042) and Opening Project of Hunan Key Laboratory of Mineral Materials and Application (MMA 201702).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Fan S, Li X, Tan J, Zeng L, Yin Z, Tadé M, Liu S (2018a) Enhanced photoeletrocatalytic reduction dechlorinations of PCP by Ru−Pd BQDs anchored Titania NAEs composites with double Schottky junctions: first−principles evidence and experimental verifications. Appl Catal B 227:499–511CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Fan S, Li X, Zhao Q, Zeng L, Zhang M, Yin Z, Lian T, Tadéb M, Liu S (2018b) Rational design and synthesis of highly oriented copper−zinc ferrite QDs/titania NAE nanoheterojunction composites with novel photoelectrochemical and photoelectrocatalytic behaviors. Dalton Trans 47:12769–12782CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Moniz SJ, Blackman CS, Southern P, Weaver PM, Tang J, Carmalt CJ (2015) Visible−light driven water splitting over BiFeO3 photoanodes grown via the LPCVD reaction of [Bi(OtBu)3] and [Fe(OtBu)3]2 and enhanced with a surface nickel oxygen evolution catalyst. Nanoscale 7:16343–16353CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Ricciardulli A G, Yang S, Wetzelaer G−J A H, Feng X, Blom P W M (2018) Hybrid silver nanowire and graphene−based solution−processed transparent electrode for organic optoelectronics. Adv Funct Mater 1706010Google Scholar
- Wang S, Ding X, Zhang, X, Pang H, Hai, X, Zhan G, Zhou W, Song H, Zhang L, Chen H, Ye J (2017) In situ carbon homogeneous doping on ultrathin bismuth molybdate: a dual−purpose strategy for efficient molecular oxygen activation. Adv Funct Mater 1703923Google Scholar