Self-adaptive fruit fly optimizer for global optimization
- 284 Downloads
A self-adaptive fruit fly optimization (SFFO) algorithm is presented for solving high-dimensional global optimization problems. Unlike the conventional self-adaptive swarm intelligence algorithms that try to modify the values of control parameters during the run by taking the actual search process into account, the proposed SFFO algorithm self-adaptively adjusts its search along an appropriate decision variable from its previous experience in generating promising solutions. The presented self-adaptive method significantly improves the intensive search capability of the fruit fly optimization algorithm around promising areas that are problem and search process dependent. Extensive computational simulations and comparisons are performed based on a set of 40 benchmark functions from the literature. The computational results show that the proposed SFFO is a new state-of-the-art algorithm for global optimization.
KeywordsFruit fly optimization Self-adaptive Evolutionary algorithms Global optimization
This research is partially supported by the National Science Foundation of China (51575212, 61503170, 61603169), A Project of Shandong Province Higher Educational Science and Technology Program (J14LN28), Shanghai Key Laboratory of Power station Automation Technology.
- Han J, Wang P, Yang X (2012) Tuning of PID controller based on fruit fly optimization algorithm. In: International conference on mechatronics and automation (ICMA), pp 409–413Google Scholar
- He Z, Qi H, Yao Y, Ruan L (2014) Inverse estimation of the particle size distribution using the fruit fly optimization algorithm. Appl Therm Eng 4199:380–394Google Scholar
- Lei Y-J, Zhang S-W, Li X-W, Zhou C-M (2005) Matlab genetic algorithm toolbox and its application. Xidian University Publishing House, Xi’anGoogle Scholar
- Li C, Xu S, Li W, Hu L (2012) A novel modified fly optimization algorithm for designing the self-tuning proportional integral derivative controller. J Converg Inf Technol 7:69–77Google Scholar
- Pan WT (2011) A new evolutionary computation approach: fruit fly optimization algorithm. In: 2011 conference of digital technology and innovation management, TaipeiGoogle Scholar
- Qin A-K, Suganthan PN (2005) Self-adaptive differential evolution algorithm for numerical optimization. In: Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE congress on evolutionary computation, vol 2. pp 1785–1791Google Scholar
- Suganthan PN, Hansen N, Liang JJ, Deb K, Chen Y-P, Auger A, Tiwari S (2005) Problem definitions and evaluation criteria for the CEC 2005 special session on real-parameter optimization. Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, IIT Kanpur, India, KanGAL Rep. 2005005, May 2005Google Scholar