A software tool for generating graphics by means of P systems
- 132 Downloads
The hand-made graphical representation of the configuration of a P system becomes a hard task when the number of membranes and objects increases. In this paper we present a new software tool, called JPLANT, for computing and representing the evolution of a P system model with membrane creation. We also present some experiments performed with JPLANT and point out new lines for the research in computer graphics with membrane systems.
KeywordsMembrane computing P systems Graphical representation Software
The authors acknowledge the support of the project TIN2006-13425 of the Ministerio de Educación y Ciencia of Spain, cofinanced by FEDER funds, and the support of the project of excellence TIC-581 of the Junta de Andalucía.
- Georgiou A, Gheorghe M (2003) P systems used in plant graphics. In: Alhazov A, Martín-Vide C, Păun Gh (eds) Preproceedings of the workshop on membrane computing. Tarragona, SpainGoogle Scholar
- Georgiou A, Gheorghe M, Bernardini F (2006) Membrane-based devices used in computer graphics. In: Ciobanu G, Păun Gh, Pérez Jiménez MJ (eds) Applications of membrane computing. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Madhu M, Krithivasan K (2001) P systems with membrane creation: universality and efficiency. In: Margenstern M, Rogozhin Y (eds) MCU 2001: machines, computations, and universality. Third international conference, Chişinău, Moldova, May 2001. Lecture notes in computer science, vol 2055. Springer, Berlin, pp 276–287Google Scholar
- Romero-Jiménez Á, Gutiérrez-Naranjo MÁ, Pérez-Jiménez MJ (2006a) The growth of branching structures with P systems. In: Graciani Díaz C, Păun Gh, Romero Jiménez Á, Sancho Caparrini F (eds) Proceedings of the fourth brainstorming week on membrane computing, vol II. Sevilla, Spain, 2006Google Scholar
- Romero-Jiménez Á, Gutiérrez-Naranjo MÁ, Pérez-Jiménez MJ (2006b) Graphical modelling of higher plants using P systems. In: Hoogeboom HJ, Păun Gh, Rozenberg G, Salomaa A (eds) WMC 2006: membrane computing. Seventh international workshop, Leiden, The Netherlands, July 2006. Lecture notes in computer science, vol 4361. Springer, Berlin, pp 496–506Google Scholar
- The P Systems Web Page (2009) http://ppage.psystems.eu/