Subspace identification for closed-loop 2-D separable-in-denominator systems
- 219 Downloads
Identification for closed-loop two-dimensional (2-D) causal, recursive, and separable-in-denominator (CRSD) systems in the Roesser form is discussed in this study. For closed-loop 2-D CRSD systems, under feedback control condition, there exists some correlation between the unknown disturbances and future inputs which offers the fundamental limitation for utilizing standard open-loop 2-D CRSD systems subspace identification methods. In other words, the existing open-loop subspace approaches will result in biased estimates of plant parameters from closed-loop data. In this study, based on orthogonal projection and principal component analysis, novel 2-D CRSD subspace identification methods are developed, which are applicable to both open-loop and closed-loop data. Additionally, the whiteness external excitation case is discussed and subsequently modified instrument variables are adopted to improve the proposed subspace algorithm. An illustrative example of the injection molding process and several numerical examples are used to validate consistency and efficiency of the proposed subspace approaches for 2-D CRSD systems.
KeywordsSubspace algorithms Closed-loop 2-D CRSD model identification The white noise external excitation case Consistency and efficiency
This study was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61374099 and the Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University under Grant NCET-13-0652.
- Jansson, M. (2003). Subspace identification and ARX modeling. In Proceedings of the 13th IFAC SYSID symposium.Google Scholar
- Lin, W. L., Qin, S. J., & Ljung, L. (2004). On consistency of closed-loop subspace identification with innovation estimation. In 2004 43rd IEEE conference on decision and control (pp. 2195–2200).Google Scholar
- Liu, T. (2012). A bias-eliminated subspace identification method for errors-in-variables systems. In International symposium on advanced control of chemical processes (ADCHEM) (pp. 10–13).Google Scholar
- Liu, T., Shao, C., & Wang, X. Z. (2013). Consistency analysis of orthogonal projection based closed-loop subspace identification methods. In European Control Conference (ECC) (pp.1428–1432).Google Scholar
- Qin, S. J., & Ljung, L. (2003). Closed-loop subspace identification with innovation estimation. In Proceedings of the 13th IFAC SYSID symposium (pp. 887–892).Google Scholar
- Treasure, R., Sreeram, V., & Ngan, K. N. (2004). Balanced identification and model reduction of a separable denominator 2-D system. In 5th Asian control conference (pp. 2048–2052).Google Scholar
- Xiao, C., Sreeram, V., Liu, W.Q., & Venetsanopoulos, A.N. (1997). Identification and model reduction of 2-D systems via the extended impulse response Gramians. In American control conference (pp. 3567–3571).Google Scholar