Multi-view point cloud registration with adaptive convergence threshold and its application in 3D model retrieval
- 66 Downloads
Multi-view point cloud registration is a hot topic in the communities of artificial intelligence and multimedia technology. In this paper, we propose a novel framework to reconstruct 3D models with a multi-view point cloud registration algorithm with adaptive convergence threshold, and apply it to 3D model retrieval subsequently. The iterative closest point (ICP) algorithm is implemented with an adaptive convergence threshold, and further combines with a motion average algorithm for the registration of multi-view point cloud data. After the registration process, the applications are designed for 3D model retrieval. The geometric saliency map is computed based on the vertex curvatures. The test facial triangles are selected to compare with the standard facial triangle. The face and non-face models are then discriminated. The experiments and comparisons demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed framework.
KeywordsPoint cloud registration ICP algorithm Convergence threshold Geometric saliency 3D model retrieval
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant no. 61803298, Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province under Grant no. BK20180236.
- 3.Boukamcha H, Elhallek M, Smach F (2015) 3D face landmark auto detection. In: World symposium on computer networks and information security, pp 1–6Google Scholar
- 6.Chetverikov D, Stepanov D, Krsek P (2006) Robust Euclidean alignment of 3D point sets: the trimmed iterative closet point algorithm. Image Vis Comput 27 (11):1201–1208Google Scholar
- 7.Creusot C, Pear N, Austin J (2011) Automatic keypoint detection on 3D faces using a dictionary of local shapes. In: International conference on 3D imaging, modeling, processing, visualization and transmission, pp 204–211Google Scholar
- 8.Fantoni S, Castellani U, Fusiello A (2012) Accurate and automatic alignment of range surfaces. In: International conference on 3D imaging, modeling, processing, visualization and transmission, pp 73–80Google Scholar
- 11.Jin X, Wu Z, Song C et al (2016) 3D point cloud encryption through chaotic mapping. In: The Pacific-rim conference on multimedia, pp 119–129Google Scholar
- 12.Jin X, Zhu S, Xiao C et al (2017) 3D textured model encryption via 3D Lu Chaotic Mapping. Sci China Inf Sci 60(12):1–9Google Scholar
- 14.Lei J, Zhou J, Mottaleb MA, et al. (2013) Detection, localization and pose classification of ear in 3D face images. In: IEEE international conference on image processing, pp 4200–4204Google Scholar
- 15.Li YJ, Lu HM, Kihara K et al (2017) Motor anomaly detection for aerial unmanned vehicles using temperature sensor. Artif Intell Robot 752(1):295–304Google Scholar
- 18.Rabiu H, Saripan M, Marhaban MH (2013) 3D-based face segmentation using adaptive radius. In: IEEE international conference on signal and image processing applications, pp 237–240Google Scholar
- 21.Wang Y, Wang F, Wang TF et al (2016) The registration of array laser point clouds based on the adaptive threshold. Acta Physica Sinica 65(24):267–277Google Scholar