Fast pre-processing hex Chaos triggered color image cryptosystem
- 24 Downloads
In the present study, a robust color image cryptosystem based on a novel structure of chaotic pre-processing is proposed, which greatly reduce the execution time and memory usage and also increase the performance of confusion and diffusion phases. Position of pixels are scrambled in confusion phase by applying the chaotic series of hyper Lorenz system. In diffusion phase, a novel structure of bit level merging and circular shifting operation is adopted to strengthen the security level, further an inter – exclusive OR (XOR) operation is executed between each layers (Red, Blue, Green) to obtain cipher image. Evaluation results shows that the proposed pre-processing system has better performance with minimum cost than other available pre-processing methods. Assessment results proves the ability of the algorithm to resist statistical and differential attacks. Comparison of encryption quality assures that the proposed system has better encryption effect than existing one and exhaustive attack analysis proves the robustness. Consequently, these results expose the proposed cryptosystem could be a best fit for secure storage and transfer of images in real-time applications.
KeywordsHyper-chaotic system Image encryption Lorenz chaotic map Security
The Authors gratefully acknowledge the Department of Science and Technology, India for Fund for Improvement of S&T Infrastructure in Universities and Higher Educational Institutions (SR/FST/ETI-371/2014), (SR/FST/MSI-107/2015) and Tata Realty- IT City – SASTRA Srinivasa Ramanujan Research Cell of our University for the financial support extended to us in carrying out this research work.
- 2.Anees A (2015) An image encryption scheme based on Lorenz system for low profile applications. 3D res. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICNC.2008.227
- 11.Eom S, Huh JH (2018) Group signature with restrictive linkability: minimizing privacy exposure in ubiquitous environment. J Ambient Intell Humaniz Comput:1–11. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12652-018-0698-2
- 14.Gao Hao-jiang, Zhang Yi-sheng, Liang Shu-yun LD (2006) New chaotic encryption algorithm and the application. In: MINIMICRO Syst. p 655Google Scholar
- 25.Li C, Luo G, Qin K, Li C (2016) An image encryption scheme based on chaotic tent map. Nonlinear Dyn:1–7. https://doi.org/10.1109/IWCFTA.2009.48
- 36.SIPI (2019) Image Database - Misc. http://sipi.usc.edu/database/database.php?volume=misc.
- 44.Wu P. (2019) Research on digital image watermark encryption based on hyperchaos watermark encryption based Pianhui Wu doctor of philosophy. University of DerbyGoogle Scholar
- 52.Ye G, Huang X (2016) A secure image encryption algorithm based on chaotic maps and SHA-3. Secur Commun NETWORKS 9:2015–2023Google Scholar