A scheme based on algebraic and chaotic structures for the construction of substitution box
- 61 Downloads
The use of nonlinear (chaotic) transformations in cryptography to generate confusion in the course of encryption procedure is the recent trend. In this article, a novel chaotic system is presented based on the existing chaotic maps. A proficient cryptosystem technique is proposed for constructing substitution box using this novel 1D chaotic structure. The key based dynamical feature of the chaotic system to synthesize strong substitution boxes is the main advantage of the suggested scheme. Then, the constructed component of the block cipher is evaluated using statistical and algebraic analyses. The outcomes of theses analyses certify that the proposed cryptosystem has great potential and superior performance for noticeable dominance in various cryptographic applications in comparison with the existing procedures.
KeywordsChaotic map Substitution box (S-box) Encryption Substitution
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
There is no conflict of interest among the authors of this article.
- 2.Belazi A, Khan MA, El-Latif AA, Belghith S (2016) Efficient cryptosystem approaches: S-boxes and permutation–substitution-based encryption. Nonlinear Dyn:337–361Google Scholar
- 9.Hao B (1993) Starting with parabolas: an introduction to chaotic dynamics. Shanghai Scientific and Technological Education Publishing House, ShanghaiGoogle Scholar
- 22.Matsui M Linear cryptanalysis method of DES cipher. Advances in cryptology, proceeding of the Eurocrypt’93. Lect Notes Comput Sci 765:386–397Google Scholar
- 27.Ullah A, Jamal SS, Shah T (2017) A novel construction of substitution box using a combination of chaotic maps with improved chaotic range. Nonlinear Dyn. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11071-017-3409-1
- 28.Webster AF, Tavares S (1986) On the design of S-boxes. In: Advances in Cryptology: Proceedings of CRYPTO’85. Lect Notes Comput Sci:523–534Google Scholar