Reversible data hiding for 3D mesh models with hybrid prediction and multilayer strategy
- 68 Downloads
This paper presents a novel reversible data hiding (RDH) method for 3D mesh models using hybrid prediction scheme and multilayer strategy. In our prediction scheme, the prediction context is determined by the uniformity of mesh region, which means that full context and partial context are used for uniform region and nonuniform region, respectively. This kind of content-dependent prediction can further exploited vertex-vertex correlations to achieve better prediction accuration. Meanwhile, a multilayer strategy with overlapping partition is used to make a trade-off between important requirements: the embedding capacity should be large and distortion should be low. Compared with non-overlapping partition, it keeps not only the prediction context intact but also more capacity available in one pass embedding. In addition, the threshold is adaptively selected considering the magnitude of prediction errors such that the embedding distortion is reduced when embed the secret data into 3D mesh models. Experimental results also validate the effectiveness of the proposed method.
Keywords3D models Mesh Data hiding Prediction Reversibility
The authors wish to thank the anonymous referees for their valuable comments and suggestions, which improved the technical content and the presentation of the paper. This research is supported by the National Nature Science Foundation of China (61772101, 61170169, 61602075).
- 3.Caldelli R, Filippini F, Becarelli R Reversible watermarking techniques: an overview and a classification. EURASIP J Inf Secur 2010, 2010:2Google Scholar
- 6.Chuang CH, Cheng CW, Yen ZY (2010) Reversible Data Hiding With Affine Invariance For 3D Models. 2010 IET Int Conf Front Comput Theory, Technol Appl: 77–81Google Scholar
- 12.Jhou C-Y, Pan J-S, Chou D (2007) Reversible data hiding base on histogram shift for 3D vertex In: 3rd International Conference on International Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Process, IIHMSP 2007, IEEE Computer Society, Kaohsiung, Taiwan: 365–368Google Scholar
- 17.Li X, Zhang W, Ou B, Yang B (2014) A brief review on reversible data hiding: current techniques and future prospects. IEEE Chin Sum Int Conf Signal Info Process: 426–430Google Scholar
- 18.Lu Z-M, Li Z (2008) High capacity reversible data hiding for 3D meshes in the PVQ domain. Digital watermarking. Springer: 233–243Google Scholar
- 22.Shi YQ, Ni Z, Zou D, Liang C (2004) Lossless data hiding: fundamentals, algorithms and applications. Int Sym Circ Syst 32:II-33–II-36Google Scholar
- 27.Wu H-T, Cheung Y-M (2005) A reversible data hiding approach to mesh authentication. In: The 2005 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence, 2005. Proceedings. IEEE: 774–777Google Scholar
- 28.Wu H-T, Dugelay J-L (2008) Reversible watermarking of 3D mesh models by prediction-error expansion. In: 2008 IEEE 10th workshop on multimedia Signal Process: 797–802Google Scholar