Image authentication using distributed arithmetic coding
- 142 Downloads
Image authentication using distributed arithmetic coding (DAC) is studied in this paper. The quantized random projections of the original image are compressed by a DAC encoder and the codeword is taken as the authentication data. With the help of a target image as side information, the DAC decoder could recover the projections. The authentication process is achieved by examining the Euclidean distance between the reconstructed projections and the side information. Compared with existing approaches, the proposed approach has a simpler structure without the help of an additional cryptographic hash function to verify the decoding result. Moreover, the authentication data is more compact with fewer size. Simulation results justify that the proposed approach achieves a comparable performance as existing schemes.
KeywordsSecurity Distributed arithmetic coding Image authentication Distributed source coding
The work described in this paper was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 61601337), by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (WUT: 2017IVB025), by the National High-tech R&D Program of China (863 Program) (Grant No.2015AA015403), by the Science & Technology Pillar Program of Hubei Province (Grant No. 2014BAA146), by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (Grant No. 175210005) and by the Key Natural Science Foundation of Hubei Province of China (Grant Nos. 2015CFA059, 2015CFA069).
- 2.Computer Vision Group, University of Granada, Test images: Miscelaneous gray level images (512512). http://decsai.ugr.es/cvg/dbimagenes/g512.php
- 3.Cover TM, Thomas JA (2006) Elements of information theory (Wiley Series in Telecommunications and Signal Processing) Wiley-InterscienceGoogle Scholar
- 9.Hagag A, Fan X, Abd El-Samie FE (2016) Hyperspectral image coding and transmission scheme based on wavelet transform and distributed source coding. Multimed Tool Appl. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-016-4158-8
- 11.Kang LW, Lu CS, Hsu CY (2009) Compressive sensing-based image hashing. In: IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, pp 1277–1280Google Scholar
- 12.Keshtkarjahromi Y, Valipour M, Lahouti F (2014) Multi-level distributed arithmetic coding with nested lattice quantization. In: Data Compression Conference, pp 382–391Google Scholar
- 18.Ramalho M, Correia P, Soares LD (2011) Distributed source coding for securing a hand-based biometric recognition system. In: 18th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, pp 1825–1828Google Scholar
- 19.Ramalho M, Singh S, Correia P, Soares LD (2012) Distributed source coding: application in biometrics. In: Proceedings of the 20th European Signal Processing Conference, pp 554–558Google Scholar
- 22.Sutcu Y, Rane S, Yedidia JS, Draper SC, Vetro A (2008) Feature extraction for a Slepian-Wolf biometric system using LDPC codes. In: IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, pp 2297–2301Google Scholar
- 26.Venkatesan R, Koon SM, Jakubowski MH, Moulin P (2000) Robust image hashing. In: International Conference on Image Processing, pp 664–666Google Scholar
- 28.Yang Y, Zhou J, Duan F, Liu F, Cheng L-M (2016) Wave atom transform based image hashing using distributed source coding. J Inf Secur Appl 31:75–82Google Scholar
- 29.Yang H, Qing L, He X, Ou X, Liu X (2017) Robust distributed video coding for wireless multimedia sensor networks. Multimed Tool Appl. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-016-4245-x