An improved block-based matching algorithm of copy-move forgery detection
- 212 Downloads
Copy-move forgery is a common way of image tampering. Matching algorithm is the key step in copy-move forgery detection. Usually, the classical block-based matching algorithm (CBMA) can’t find all matched sub-blocks. In this paper, we propose an improved block-based matching algorithm (IBMA) to solve the problem. Firstly, we put the sum of feature vectors in the first column to get a new matrix. Secondly, the matrix is sorted by first column. Finally, every row of the matrix will search the following rows until the difference in the first column is larger than the threshold value. Experiment results show that the improved block-based matching algorithm is better than the classical block-based matching algorithm when an image was distorted by Gaussian noise, salt-pepper noise, or JPEG compression. The reason is that improved block-based matching algorithm can look for all matched sub-blocks, which makes copy-move forgery detection methods more robust.
KeywordsDigital image forensics Copy-move forgery Region duplication detection
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 61070062,61502103) ,the Industry-University Cooperation Major Projects in Fujian Province (Grant No. 2015H6007),Fuzhou science and technology project (Grant No. 2014-G-76),the Science and Technology Department of Fujian province K-class Foundation Project(Grant No. JK2011007),and The Education Department of Fujian Province A-class Foundation Project (Grant No. JA10064).
- 3.CASIA tampered image detection evaluation (TIDE) database, v2.0, http://forensics.idealtest.org (2011)
- 5.Fridrich J, Soukal D, Lukáarticleš J (2003) Detection of copy-move forgery in digital images. In: Proceedings of Digital Forensic Research WorkshopGoogle Scholar
- 11.Ryu SJ, Lee MJ, Lee HK (2010) Detection of copy-rotate-move forgery using Zernike moments. In: Information Hiding, pp 51–65Google Scholar
- 13.Uncompressed Colour Image Dataset. http://homepages.lboro.ac.uk/cogs/datasets/ucid/ucid.html (2003)
- 14.Wang J, Liu G, Li H, Dai Y, Wang Z (2009) Detection of image region duplication forgery using model with circle block. In: International Conference on Multimedia Information Networking and Security, pp 25–29Google Scholar