A new block-based method for copy move forgery detection under image geometric transforms
- 370 Downloads
Copy move forgery detection (CMFD) is one of the most active subtopic in forgery scheme. The methods of CMFD are divided into to block-based method and keypoint-based method in general. Compared with keypoint-based method, block-based method can detect undetectable detail without morphology segmentation. But many block-based methods detect the plain copy-move forgeries only. They have been incompetent to detect the post-processing operations such as various geometrical distortions, and then fail to detect the forgery regions accurately. Therefore, this paper presents an improved block-based efficient method for CMFD. Firstly, after pre-processing, an auxiliary overlapped circular block is presented to divide the forged image into overlapped circular blocks. The local and inner image feature is extracted by the Discrete Radial Harmonic Fourier Moments (DRHFMs) with the overlapped circular block from the suspicious image. Then, the similar feature vectors of blocks are searched by 2 Nearest Neighbors (2NN) test. Euclidean distance and correlation coefficient is employed to filter these features and then remove the false matches. Morphologic operation is employed to delete the isolated pixels. A series of experiments are done to analyze the performance for CMFD. Experimental results show that the new DRHFMs can obtain outstanding performance even under image geometrical distortions.
KeywordsCopy move forgery detection Block-based method Discrete radial harmonic Fourier moments Image geometrical distortions
This work is supported by the 2016 Guangzhou philosophy and social science “Thirteen Five” project-- Digital image forgery cause public opinion incident prevention countermeasures and technical research based on internet information security (No.2016gzqn23).
- 5.Debbarma S, Singh AB, Singh KM (2014) Keypoints based copy-move forgery detection of digital images. In: Proceedings of 2014 International Conference on Informatics, Electronics & Vision (ICIEV), 1–5Google Scholar
- 6.Fridrich J, Soukal D, Lukáš J (2003) Detection of copy–move forgery in digital images. In: Proceedings of Digital Forensic Research Workshop, 55–61Google Scholar
- 8.Gharibi F, Ravanjamjah J, Akhlaghian F, Azami BZ, Alirezaie J (2011) Robust detection of copy-move forgery using texture features. In: Proceedings of 2011 19th Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering, 1–4Google Scholar
- 9.Huynh-Kha T, Le-Tien T, Ha-Viet-Uyen S, Huynh-Van K (2015) The efficiency of applying DWT and feature extraction into copy-move images detection. In: Proceedings of 2015 International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Communications (ATC), 44–49
- 10.Kashyap A, Joshi SD (2013) Detection of copy–move forgery using wavelet decomposition. In: Proceedings of 2013 International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication (ICSC), 396–400
- 11.Lin HJ, Wang CW, Kao YT (2009) Fast copy-move forgery detection. In: Proceedings of WSEAS Transactions on Signal Processing 5, 188–197Google Scholar
- 12.Popescu AC, Farid H (2004) Exposing digital forgeries by detecting duplicated image regions, technical report , 2004–515. Dartmouth College, Department of Computer Science, HanoverGoogle Scholar
- 14.Qin J, Li F, Xiang L, Yin C (2013) Detection of image region copy-move forgery using radial harmonic Fourier moments. Journal of Image & Graphics 18:919–923Google Scholar
- 16.Serra G (2014) A SIFT-based forensic method for copy-move detection. Giuseppe Serra. http://giuseppeserra.com/content/sift-based-forensic-method-copy-move-detection.
- 17.Ustubıoglu B, Nabıyev V, Ulutas G, Ulutas M (2015) Image forgery detection using colour moments. In: Proceedings of 2015 38th International Conference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing (TSP), 540–544Google Scholar
- 18.Xu B, Wang J, Liu G, Dai Y (2010) Image copy-move forgery detection based on SURF. In: Proceedings of 2010 International Conference on Multimedia Information Networking and Security, 889–892Google Scholar
- 22.Zheng J, Liu Y, Ren J, Zhu T, Yan Y, Yang H (2016) Fusion of block and keypoints based approaches for effective copy-move image forgery detection. Multidim Syst Sign Process 1-17Google Scholar