Research on watermarking payload under the condition of keeping JPEG image transparency
- 161 Downloads
This work focuses on the problem of maximum watermarking payload under the condition of keeping image transparency. The maximum watermarking payload of JPEG images is influenced by internal factors such as the size, complexity and visual sensitivity of images, as well as external factors including embedding operators, carrier frequency bands and embedding intensity, etc. Through the construction of payload mathematical model, theoretic analysis and experimental derivation we propose an estimation method of maximum watermarking payload based on the DCT coefficients. The feasibility and efficiency of the proposed method has been demonstrated in our experiments by adopting two embedding operators and three carrier frequency bands. Our results show, in comparison with previously related work, the proposed method can be more practical.
KeywordsTransparency Watermarking payload Image complexity Visual sensitivity Embedding intensity
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61573316, 61373131, 61272310, 61170271) and the ZheJiang province Natural Science Foundation of China (No. LY15F020032, LQ15E050006), PAPD, and CICAEET.
- 5.Delaigle JF, Devleeschouwer C, Macq B, et al (2002) Human visual system features enabling watermarking. In Proceedings of 2002 I.E. International Conference on Multimedia & Expo. Lausanne, Switzerland, p 489-492Google Scholar
- 7.Gonzalez RC, Woods RE (2002) Digital image processing. Person Education, Inc. Publish as Prentice HallGoogle Scholar
- 8.Guitart O, Kim HC, Delp EJ (2006) The Watermark Evaluation Testbed (WET): new functionalities. In: PW Wong, EJ Delp (eds) Proceedings of the SPIE International Conference on Security and Watermarking of Multimedia ContentsGoogle Scholar
- 13.Jamzad M, Yaghmaee F (2006) Achieving higher stability in watermarking according to image complexity. Scientia Iranica 13(4):404–412Google Scholar
- 17.Kim HC, Lin ET, Guitart O, Delp EJ (2005) Further progress in watermark evaluation testbed (WET). In: PW Wong, EJ Delp (eds) Proceedings of the SPIE International Conference on Security and Watermarking of Multimedia ContentsGoogle Scholar
- 21.Ll S, Zhang XP, Wang SZ (2007) Digital image steganography based on tolerable error range. J Image Graph 12(2):212–217Google Scholar
- 25.NRCS Phto Gallery [Online],,” Available: http://phtogallery.nrcs.usda.gov
- 27.Question ITU-R 211/11 (2002) Methodology for the subjective assessment of the quality of television picture. Recommendation ITU-R BT,500-11 p 31-33Google Scholar
- 33.Y Zhang, X Luo, C Yang, D Ye, F Liu (2015) JPEG-compression resistant adaptive steganography based on relative relationship between DCT coefficients. The 10th International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES), Toulouse, France, p 461–466Google Scholar