Effective image forgery detection of tampered foreground or background image based on image watermarking and alpha mattes
- 690 Downloads
This paper proposes an effective image forgery detection scheme that identifies a tampered foreground or background image using image watermarking and alpha mattes. In the proposed method, component-hue-difference-based spectral matting is used to obtain the foreground and background images based on the obtained alpha matte. Next, image watermarking based on the discrete wavelet transform, discrete cosine transform, and singular value decomposition is used to embed two different watermarks into the foreground and background images, respectively. Finally, the difference between the obtained singular values is used to detect tampering of foreground or background image. Experimental results show that the proposed method performs well in terms of image forgery detection.
KeywordsImage forgery Image matting Image watermarking Alpha matte
This paper has been supported by the National Science Council, Taiwan, under grant no. NSC102-2221-E-346-007. The authors wish to express the appreciation to Prof. Chih-Chin Lai and Prof. Zhouchen Lin for their help with the experiments. The authors also gratefully acknowledge the helpful comments and suggestions of reviewers, which have improved the quality and presentation.
- 7.Han Q, Han L, Wang E, Yang J (2013) Dual watermarking for image tamper detection and self-recovery. In: Proc. of the 9th International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, pp. 33–36Google Scholar
- 9.Hu W-C, Chen W-H, Huang D-Y, Yang C-Y (2012) Novel detection of image forgery for exchanged foreground and background using image watermarking based on alpha matte. In: Proc. of the 6th International Conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Computing, pp. 245–248Google Scholar
- 13.Huang D-Y, Lin T-W, Hu W-C, Chou C-H (2013) Boosting scheme for detecting region duplication forgery in digital images. In: Proc. of the 7th International Conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Computing, pp. 125–133Google Scholar
- 19.Li L, Li S, Zhu H, Chu S-C, Roddick JF, Pan J-S (2013) An efficient scheme for detecting copy-move forged images by local binary patterns. J Inf Hiding Multimedia Signal Process 4(1):46–56Google Scholar
- 25.Ng A, Jordan M, Weiss Y (2001) On spectral clustering: analysis and an algorithm. Adv Neural Inf Process Syst 14:849–856Google Scholar