Distribution of primary additional errors in fractal encoding method
- 537 Downloads
Today, fractal image encoding method becomes an effective loss compression method in multimedia without resolution, and its negativeness is that its high computational complexity. So many approximate methods are given to decrease the computation time. So the distribution of error points is valued to research. In this paper, by extracted primary additional error values, we first present a novel fast fractal encoding method. Then, with the extracted primary additional error values, we abstract the distribution of these values. We find that the different distribution of values denotes the different parts in images. Finally, we analyze the experimental results and find some properties of these values. The experimental results also show the effectiveness of the method.
KeywordsImage enoding Fractal encoding Primary additional error Distribution Edge
This work is supported by Grants Postgraduate Scientific Research Innovation Foundation of Inner Mongolia [B20141012610Z], Programs of Higher-level talents of Inner Mongolia University [No. 125126, 115117, 135103], Scientific projects of higher school of Inner Mongolia [No. NJZY13004], Natural Science Foundation of Inner Mongolia [No. 2014BS0606, 2014BS0602], National Natural Science Foundation of China [No. 61261019, 61262082].
The authors wish to thank the anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments in reviewing this paper.
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that there are no coflict of interest in this paper.
- 1.Barnsley MF, Jacquin AE (1988) Application of recurrent iterated function systems to images, in proceedings of the SPIE. Visual Commun Image Process 1001:122–131Google Scholar
- 6.K Falconer (2003) Fractal geometry: mathematical foundations and applications, Second Edition [M]. John Wiley @ Sons, IncGoogle Scholar
- 13.Kim IK, Park RH (1996) Still image coding based on vector quantization and fractal approximation [J]. Image Process IEEE Trans 15(4):587–597Google Scholar
- 19.Liu M, Liu S, Fu W, et al. (2014) Distributional escape time algorithm based on generalized fractal sets in cloud environment [J]. Chinese Journal of ElectronicsGoogle Scholar
- 24.Rao KR, Yip P (1990) Discrete cosine transform: algorithms, advantages, applications [M]. Academic press, BostonGoogle Scholar
- 26.Smart DR (1980) Fixed point theorems [M]. CUP ArchiveGoogle Scholar