An industry-level blu-ray watermarking framework
In this paper, we present our H.264 Blu-ray watermarking framework which operates at bit stream level and preserves the length of the underlying bit stream. Apart from a description of our watermark embedding and detection (and synchronisation) approaches, we discuss the embedding capacity for different exemplary Blu-ray disks based on their bit stream characteristics as well as the robustness of our watermark to H.264 transcoding and resizing. Furthermore, we assess the parallelizability of our embedding approach and the impact of different hard drive configurations on the overall embedding speed, showing that low access times are as relevant as high transfer rates when maximum speedup through parallelization is desired. Lastly, this paper provides a discussion on a variety of design choices and practical issues which arise when designing an industry-level watermarking framework.
KeywordsFramework Watermarking H.264 Length-preserving Parallelization
Special thanks to SONY DADC Austria AG, in particular Reinhard Blaukovitsch, for the cooperation in the project and the insights into industry requirements. This work has been supported by the FFG bridge project 834165.
- 1.Chen T, Liu S, Yao H, Gao W (2006) Spatial Video Watermarking Based on Stability of DC Coefficients. In: Yeung D, Liu Z-Q, Wang X-Z, Yan H (eds) Advances in machine learning and cybernetics, volume 3930 of lecture notes in computer science. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg, pp 1033–1042Google Scholar
- 3.Collaborative Team on Video Coding (JCT-VC) of ITU-T SG16 WP3, J, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 (2012). High efficiency video coding (HEVC) text specification draft 8. http://phenix.it-sudparis.eu/jct/doc_end_user/current_document.php?id=6465
- 4.Cox IJ, Miller ML, Bloom JA, Fridrich J, Kalker T (2007) Digital Watermarking and Steganography. Morgan Kaufmann, San MateoGoogle Scholar
- 5.Hartung F, Kutter M (1999) Multimedia watermarking techniques. In: Proceedings of the IEEE special issue on protection of multimedia content, vol 87. pp 1079–1107Google Scholar
- 6.ISO/IEC 14496-2 (2004). Information technology–coding of audio-visual objects, Part 2: VisualGoogle Scholar
- 7.ITU-T H.264 (2007). Advanced video coding for generic audiovisual services. http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-H.264-200711-I/en
- 11.Stütz T, Autrusseau F, Uhl A (2013). Inter-frame H.264/CAVLC structure-preserving substitution watermarking. Technical Report 2013–02, Department of Computer Sciences, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria. Available at http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/research/tr.html
- 12.Stütz T, Autrusseau F, Uhl A (2014). Non-blind structure-preserving substitution watermarking of H.264/CAVLC inter-frames. In: IEEE transactions on multimedia. to appearGoogle Scholar
- 13.Zou D, Bloom J (2010). H.264 stream replacement watermarking with CABAC encoding. In: Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on multimedia and expo, ICME ’10. Singapore, pp. 117–121Google Scholar