Visual secret sharing based on random grids with abilities of AND and XOR lossless recovery
- 401 Downloads
In this paper, a visual secret image sharing threshold scheme based on random grids and Boolean operations with the abilities of AND and XOR decryptions is proposed. When no light-weight computation device the secret could be revealed by human visual system with no cryptographic computation based on Boolean AND operation (stacking). On the other hand, if the light-weight computation device is available the secret could be revealed with better visual quality based on Boolean AND or XOR operation and could be losslessly revealed when sufficient shadow images are collected for a general k out of n scheme. Furthermore, the proposed scheme has several superior performances such as (k, n) threshold, no codebook design, avoiding the pixel expansion problem and the same color representation as digital images (digital color). Experiments are conducted to show the security and efficiency of the proposed scheme. Comparisons with previous approaches show the advantages of the proposed scheme.
KeywordsVisual secret sharing Random grids Boolean operations Lossless recovery Threshold secret sharing
The authors wish to thank the anonymous reviewers for their suggestions to improve this paper. This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Number: 61100187, 61301099, 61361166006) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (Grant Number: HIT. NSRIF. 2013061).
- 1.Chen TH, Tsao KH (2008) Image encryption by (n,n) random grids. In: Proceedings of 18th Information Security Conference, HualienGoogle Scholar
- 5.Feng YI, Daoshun W, Shundong LI, Yiqi DAI (2008) Probabilistic visual cryptography scheme with reversing. J Tsinghua Univ Sci Tech 48(1):121–123Google Scholar
- 8.Li L, Abd El-Latif AA, Shi Z, Niu X (2012) A new loss-tolerant image encryption scheme based on secret sharing and two chaotic systems. Res J Appl Sci Eng Technol 4(8):877–883Google Scholar
- 9.Naor M, Shamir A (1995) Visual cryptography, in Advances in Cryptography, Eurocrypt’94, pp 1–12Google Scholar
- 11.Shyu, Shyong Jian (2007) Image encryption by random grids. Pattern Recognition 40.3: 1014–1031Google Scholar
- 14.Weir J, WeiQi Yan Jan (2010) A comprehensive study of visual cryptography, Transactions on DHMS V, LNCS 6010, pp 70–105Google Scholar
- 17.Yan X, Wang S, Abd El-Latif AA, Sang J, Niu X, Threshold visual secret sharing based on Boolean operations, To be appearGoogle Scholar
- 18.Yan X, Wang S, Li L, Abd AA, El-Latif ZW, Niu X (2013) A new assessment measure of shadow image quality based on error diffusion techniques. J Inf Hiding Multimedia Signal Process (JIHMSP) 4(2):118–126Google Scholar