A robust without intra-frame distortion drift data hiding algorithm based on H.264/AVC
This paper presents an improved robust data hiding algorithm based on BCH syndrome code (BCH code) technique and without distortion drift technique. The BCH code technique, which can correct the error bits caused by network transmission, packet loss, video-processing operations, various attacks, etc., encodes the embedded data by using BCH code before data hiding. The without distortion drift technique in this paper is that we exploit several paired-coefficients of a 4 × 4 discrete cosine transform (DCT) block to accumulate the embedding induced distortion, and the directions of intra-frame prediction are utilized to avert the distortion drift. It is proved analytically and shown experimentally that the new data hiding algorithm can get more robustness, effectively avert intra-frame distortion drift and get high visual quality.
KeywordsData hiding H.264/advanced video coding (AVC) BCH code Intra-frame distortion drift
Advanced video coding
Discrete cosine transform
BCH syndrome code
Integer discrete cosine transform
The authors would like to thank the reviewers for their insightful comments and helpful suggestions.
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 61272407 and by the National High Technology Research and Development Program of China (863 Program) under Grant No. 2007AA01Z420.
- 1.Chen SH, Yu S-Y, Chang CH (sutc 2008) Speech Watermarking Based on Wavelet Transform and BCH Coding. In: 2008 IEEE International Conference on Sensor Networks, Ubiquitous, and Trustworthy Computing, pp 507–512Google Scholar
- 2.Gong X and Lu HM (2008) Towards Fast and Robust Watermarking Scheme for H.264 Video. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Interna-tional Symposium on Multimedia(ISM ’08), pp 649–653Google Scholar
- 4.Ma XJ, Li ZT, Lv J and Wang WD (2009) Data Hiding in H.264/AVC Streams with Limited Intra-Frame Distortion Drift. In: Computer network and Multimedia Technology(CNMT 2009),pp 1–5Google Scholar
- 9.Sachnev Kim HJ and Zhang R (2009) Less detectable JPEG steganography method based on heuristic optimization and BCH syndrome coding. In: Proceedings of the 11th ACM Multimedia & Security Work- shop, pp 131–140Google Scholar
- 10.Sachnev V, Kim HJ and Zhang R (2009) Less detectable JPEG steganography method based on heuristic optimization and BCH syndrome coding. In: Proceedings of the 11th ACM Multimedia & Security Workshop, pp 131–140Google Scholar
- 11.SchÄonfeld D, Winkler A (2008) Reducing the complexity of syndrome coding for embedding. In: Proceedings of the 9th International Workshop on Information Hiding (IH ’07), pp 145–158Google Scholar
- 14.Zhang X, Li T, Zhang Y, Li W, Li K (2012) A novel blind detector for additive noise steganography in JPEG decompressed images. Multimedia Tools and Applications. doi: 10.1007/s11042-012-1112-2
- 15.Zhang R, Sachnev V and Kim HJ (2009) Fast BCH syndromecoding for steganography. In: Proc. of 11th International Workshop on Information Hiding, pp 48–58Google Scholar