Prevention of Crack Formation in Electron-Beam Welded Joints of Dissimilar Metal Compounds (TiNi/Ti6Al4V)
- 11 Downloads
The microstructure, mechanical properties and element distribution in an electron-beam welded joint of dissimilar metal compounds (TiNi/Ti6Al4V) have been studied. To prevent crack formation, niobium was introduced to the compound as a filler material. The welding line preheating and electron-beam deviation toward the Ti6Al4V alloy were used. It was shown that fracturing of the welded joint occurs within the fusion zone and is characterized by a mixed ductile-brittle behavior.
Key wordsTiNi/Ti6Al4V welded joint electron-beam welding dissimilar materials cracking prevention
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Project 51565040), Aviation science funds (2014ZE56016), Jiangxi science and technology plan projects (20151 BBE50034), and State laboratory of advanced welding and assembly technologies (AWJ-M15-03).
- 1.H. Li, Y. Zheng, T. Peiy, and J. T. De Hosson, “TiNi shape memory alloy coated with tungsten: a novel approach for biomedical applications,” J. Mater. Sci.: Materials in Medicine, 25(5), 1249 (2014).Google Scholar
- 6.P. Song, Y. Zhu, W. Guo, et al., “Mechanism of crack formation in the laser welded joint between NiTi shape memory alloy and Ti6AL4V,” Rare Metal Mater. Eng., 42(2), 6 – 9 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Xue, X. Lv, and H. Zhang, “The resistance brazing technology of TiNi shape memory alloy,” Trans. China Weld. Inst., 25(1), 1 – 4 (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.S. Xue, X. Lv, Y. Chen, “Microstructure analysis of TiNi shape memory alloy join by resistance brazing,” Trans. China Weld. Inst., 25(3), 7 – 10 (2004).Google Scholar
- 12.Y. Chen, S. Li, and W. Lu, “Study on crack sensitivity of NiTiNb/Ti6Al4V laser micro-welding joints,” Aeronaut. Sci. Technol., 28(4), 75 – 78 (2017).Google Scholar
- 13.W. Lu, Study on the Crack Formation Mechanism and Control Methods of Laser Micro-Welded Joints of NiTiNb and Ti6Al4V Dissimilar Alloys, Nanchang Hangkong University (2015).Google Scholar
- 15.M. N. Jha, D. K. Pratihar, A. Bapat, et al., “Modeling of inputoutput relationships for electron bean butter welding of dissimilar materials using neural networks,” Int. J. Comput. Intelligence & Appl., 13(3), 1387 – 1448 (2014).Google Scholar
- 17.D. Zhao, P. Guo, and P. Zhao, “Estimating model of standard enthalpy of intermetallics,” J. Central South Univ. (Sci. Technol.), 42(6), 1578 – 1583 (2011).Google Scholar