Raising the Resistance of Chromium-Nickel Steel to Hydroabrasive Wear by Non-Vacuum Electron-Beam Cladding with Boron
- 16 Downloads
The effect of the structural transformations during non-vacuum electron-beam cladding of amorphous boron powder on the hydroabrasive wear resistance of the surface layers of a chromium-nickel austenitic steel is studied. It is shown that the cladding yields a coating with densely arranged borides. An x-ray method is used to show that the modified layer consists virtually fully of Fe2 B iron borides. This structure raises the hydroabrasive strength of steel 12Kh18N9T by a factor of 1.5 – 2.
Key wordsboronized layer chromium-nickel steel electron-beam cladding hydroabrasive strength
The work has been performed with financial support of the Russian Federation via the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (Agreement No. 14.610.21.0013, Project Identifier RFMEFI61017X0013).
- 1.M. G. Golkovskii, Hardening and Non-Vacuum Cladding with Relativistic Electron Beam, LAPLAMBERT Academic Publishing (2007), 325 p.Google Scholar
- 3.N. N. Koval and Yu. F. Ivanov (eds.), Evolution of the Structure of Surface Layers of Steel Subjected to Electron-Ion-Plasma Treatment Methods [in Russian], Izd. NTL, Tomsk (2016), 304 p.Google Scholar
- 4.S. F. Gnyusov and V. G. Durakov, Electron Beam in Formation of Nonequilibrium Structures [in Russian], Izd. TPU, Tomsk (2012), 115 p.Google Scholar
- 6.S. G. Ivanov, A. M. Gur’ev, E. A. Kosheleva, et al., “A study of the processes of diffusion saturation of steels from mixtures based on boron carbide,” Sovr. Naukoemk. Tekhnol., No. 3, 55 – 56 (2008).Google Scholar
- 7.I. L. Pobol’, “Modification of metals and alloys by electronbeam treatment,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 7, 45 – 47 (1990).Google Scholar
- 8.M. V. Radchenko, N. I. Batyrev, and V. N. Timoshenko, “Structure and properties of induction and electron beam claddings from powder materials,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 7, 58 – 60 (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.I. A. Bataev, N. V. Kurlaev, O. A. Butylenkova, et al., “Morphology of iron borides in a surface layer deposited by an electron beam,” Obrab. Met. (Tekhnol., Oborud., Instrum.), No. 1, 85 – 89 (2012).Google Scholar