User-relay Assignment based Antenna Selection Scheme in Multi-user Multi-relay AF Cooperative Communication Network
- 208 Downloads
In this paper, the user-relay assignment based antenna selection scheme for multi-user cooperative network is proposed to improve the transmission bit rate and system performance. The low complexity suboptimal user-relay assignment algorithm is first proposed to simultaneously improve both the system performance and individual user’ performance in the multi-user amplify-and-forward (AF) cooperative user-relay network, where each user can fairly select its best relay according to the instantaneous channel state information (CSI). Based on the user-relay assignment scheme and space shift keying (SSK), we further present the antenna selection scheme to further enhance the system performance for the multi-user AF cooperative user-relay network. In order to minimize the system bit error rate (BER), three antenna selection criteria based on the maximum likelihood (ML) detection have been proposed. Numerical results and theoretical analysis show that the proposed schemes can effectively improve the average system sum rate, the outage probability of the worst user, and the system BER performance, compared with the other schemes.
KeywordsCooperative communication network User-relay assignment Antenna selection SSK Multi-user multi-relay
This work research was supported in part by International Science & Technology Cooperation Program of China under Grant 2015DFG12580, National Science Foundation of China under Grant 61771291 and 61301147, and Fundamental Research Funds of Shandong University under Grant 2016JC010.
- 2.Zhang H, Liu N, Chu X, Long K, Aghvami A, Leung V Network Slicing Based 5G and Future Mobile Networks: Mobility, Resource Management, and Challenges. IEEE Comm Mag arXiv: 1704.07038Google Scholar
- 4.Li Q, Hu RQY, Qian Y, Wu G (2012) Cooperative communications for wireless networks: techniques and applications in LTE-advanced systems. IEEE Wirel Commun 19(2):22–29Google Scholar
- 10.Lin JR, Li Q, Jiang CX, Shao HZ (2015) Joint multi-relay selection, power allocation and beamformer design for multi-user decode-and-forward relay networks. IEEE Trans Veh Technol 99:1–14Google Scholar
- 15.Serafimovski N, Sinanovic S, Di Renzo M, Haas H (2011) Dual-hop spatial modulation (DH-SM), in Proc. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Spring), Yokohama, pp 1–5Google Scholar
- 17.Mesleh R, Ikki SS, Aggoune EM, Mansour A (2012) Performance analysis of space shift keying (SSK) modulation with multiple cooperative relays. EURASIP J Adv Sign Proc 1–10Google Scholar
- 19.Hussain SR, Shakeera S, Naidu KR (2015) BER analysis of amplify and forward scheme with best relay selection in space shift keying system. IEEE Int Conf Comm Sign Proc 1722–1726Google Scholar
- 22.Proakis JG (1995) Digital Communications. McGraw-HillGoogle Scholar