Optimization of Coverage in 5G Self-Organizing Small Cell Networks
- 287 Downloads
Heterogeneous two-tier network with hybrid deployed small cells and macrocells is a promising solution for fifth generation (5G) wireless networks. However, with the higher and higher spectrum band used in 5G, the coverage and capacity of indoor environment is not good enough for the users’ increasing demand. In this paper, we proposed a self-organizing capacity and coverage optimization scheme using power adaptation to enhance the capacity and improve the coverage. Simulation results show that the proposed self-organizing scheme can effectively improve the capacity and coverage.
KeywordsSmall cells Coverage optimization Capacity optimization Self-Organizing network
This work was supported by the Beijing City Board of education project (NO.KM201710858003).
- 3.Zhang H, Jiang C, Cheng J, Leung VCM (2015) Cooperative interference mitigation and handover management for heterogeneous cloud small cell networks. IEEE Wirel Commun 22:92–99Google Scholar
- 16.Park Y, Heo J, Hong D (2011) Spectral efficiency analysis of ultra-dense small cell networks with heterogeneous channel estimation capabilities. IEEE Commun Lett PP(99):1–1Google Scholar
- 17.Jafari AH, Venkateswaran V, Lopez-Perez D, Zhang J (2016) Diversity pulse shaped transmission in ultra-dense small cell networks. IEEE Trans Veh Technol PP(99):1–1Google Scholar
- 21.Nguyen VM, Kountouris M (2017) Performance limits of network densification. IEEE J Sel Areas Commun PP(99):1–1Google Scholar
- 30.Chen Y et al (2017) Coverage optimization in self-organizing small cells. In: Proc. 5GWN, 2017Google Scholar