Video Service Recovery Mechanism Based on Quality of Experience-Aware in Hybrid Wireless-Optical Broadband-Access Network
- 110 Downloads
A video service recovery mechanism based on quality of experience (QoE) aware is proposed to unambiguously evaluate the quality of video service and recover the unacceptable video service in hybrid wireless-optical broadband-access network (WOBAN). The QoS parameters are modeled to the objective metric of QoE. Furthermore, the objective metric of QoE is mapped to the subjective MOS value. And the unacceptable video service is recovered by searching for a recovery routing which has better QoE. The recovery rerouting problem is divided to the subproblem of selecting the object mesh portal point and the subproblem of searching the alternate routing. The object mesh portal point is selected by the basis of load balance. And the subproblem of searching alternate routing is addressed by the Dijkstra mechanism to find the path which can provide the best QoE for the video service. Simulation results show that the proposed mechanism can effectively improve the quality of video services.
KeywordsQuality of experience Video service Load transfer WOBAN
This work is supported in part by the Natural Science Foundation of China (61401052, 61371097, 61771082). Program for Innovation Team Building at Institutions of Higher Education in Chongqing (CXTDX201601020). Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications Doctoral Student Advanced Talents Training Project(BYJS2016007). China Scholarship Council (CSC).
- 12.Yubin Z, Li H, Ruitao X, Yaojun Q, Yuefeng J (2009) Wireless protection switching for vedio service in wireless-optical broadband access network. In: 2nd IEEE International Conference on Broadband Network & Multimedia Technology 2009 (IC-BNMT'09), pp 760–764. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICBNMT.2009.5348543
- 13.Usman M, Yang N, Jan MA, He X, Xu M, Lam KM (2017) A joint framework for QoS and QoE for video transmission over wireless multimedia sensor networks. IEEE Trans Mob Comput (99):1–14. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2017.2739744
- 14.Brito IVS, Figueiredo GB (2017) Improving QoS and QoE through seamless handoff in software-defined IEEE 802.11 mesh networks. IEEE Commun Lett (99):1. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2017.2735958
- 16.ITU-T Rec. P. 10/G. 100 Amendment 1 (2007) New Appendix I-Definition of Quality of Experience (QoE). International Telecommunication Union, January 2007.Google Scholar
- 22.Valerdi J, González A, Garrido FJ (2009) Automatic testing and measurement of QoE in IPTV using image and video comparison. In: IEEE Fourth International Conference on Digital Telecommunications 2009 (ICDT'09), pp 75–81. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICDT.2009.21
- 27.Aroussi S, Bouabana-Tebibel T, Mellouk A (2012) Empirical QoE/QoS correlation model based on multiple parameters for VoD flows. In: 2012 I.E. Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), pp 1963–1968. https://doi.org/10.1109/GLOCOM.2012.6503403