Haplotype combinations of AdPLA gene polymorphisms associate with growth traits in Chinese cattle
Ablation of AdPLA in mice could prevent obesity, which implicated AdPLA was a new candidate gene for growth traits. In this study, we screened the polymorphisms of AdPLA gene and revealed three novel SNPs (NC_007330.4:g.43638506 C>T, 43658457 T>C and 43661404 T>C) by DNA sequencing and forced PCR-RFLP methods in 1340 individuals from six breeds. A preliminary single SNP-traits association analysis demonstrated that CC genotype was significantly higher than TT genotype at two growth traits in P6-EcoRII locus (P < 0.05). Moreover, the P8-FbaI locus had a significant association with some growth traits, individuals with TT genotype were higher than CC genotype (P < 0.05). A further analysis confirmed that these two SNPs were in linkage disequilibrium, and haplotype H2, both advantage allelic in P6-EcoRII and P8-FbaI loci, was better than the others for bovine growth traits, which was consistent with single SNP-traits association results. Therefore, this study not only proved that these SNPs were in association with bovine growth traits, but also contributed to evaluate them as genetic markers in bovine genetics and breeding and had potential application in breeding programs.
KeywordsAdPLA gene Cattle Forced PCR-RFLP Haplotype SNP
- 1.Schaloske RH, Dennis EA (2006) The phospholipase A(2) superfamily and its group numbering system. BBA-Mol Cell Biol L 1761:1246–1259Google Scholar
- 5.Jaworski K, Ahmadian M, Duncan RE, Sarkadi-Nagy E, Varady KA, Hellerstein MK, Lee HY, Samuel VT, Shulman GI, Kim KH, de Val S, Kang C, Sul HS (2009) AdPLA ablation increases lipolysis and prevents obesity induced by high-fat feeding or leptin deficiency. Nat Med 15:159–168PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Nugent C, Prins JB, Whitehead JP, Wentworth JM, Chatterjee VKK, O’Rahilly S (2001) Arachidonic acid stimulates glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes by increasing GLUT1 and GLUT4 levels at the plasma membrane—evidence for involvement of lipoxygenase metabolites and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. J Biol Chem 276:9149–9157PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Sambrook J, Russell DW (2002) Molecuar cloning: a laboratory manual, 3rd edn. Science Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 21.Murani E, Ponsuksili S, Seyfert HM, Shi XM, Wimmers K (2009) Dual effect of a single nucleotide polymorphism in the first intron of the porcine Secreted phosphoprotein 1 gene: allele-specific binding of C/EBP beta and activation of aberrant splicing. BMC Mol Biol 10:96Google Scholar