Molecular cloning, expression patterns and subcellular localization of porcine TMCO1 gene
- 361 Downloads
The product of transmembrane and coiled-coil domains 1 (TMCO1) gene is a member of DUF841 superfamily of several eukaryotic proteins with unknown function. The partial DNA sequence of porcine TMCO1 was first cloned with a pig 567 bp ORF encoding 188 amino acids. By tissues expression analysis, the TMCO1 was found highly expressed in the liver, kidney and heart. The porcine TMCO1 protein was subsequently demonstrated to localize in the mitochondrion by confocal fluorescence microscopy. This data provides an important basis for conducing further studies on the functions and regulatory mechanisms underlying the role of TMCO1 gene.
KeywordsPig TMCO1 Expression pattern Subcellular localization
This research was supported by Key Project of Chinese National Project for Fundamental Research and Development (973 Project) (Grant No. 2006CB102101), National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 30300249).
- 3.Dokmanovic-Chouinard M, Chung WK, Chevre JC, Watson E, Yonan J, Wiegand B, Bromberg Y, Wakae N, Wright CV, Overton J, Ghosh S, Sathe GM, Ammala CE, Brown KK, Ito R, LeDuc C, Solomon K, Fischer SG, Leibel RL (2008) Positional cloning of “Lisch-Like”, a candidate modifier of susceptibility to type 2 diabetes in mice. PLoS Genet 4:e1000137. doi:10.1371/journal.pgen.1000137 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 5.Kurimura A, Saeki M, Kato S, Iwamuro S (2002) Analyses of intracellular localization and dynamic behaviors of human hydrophobic protein HP10122. Zool Sci 19:1432Google Scholar
- 9.Burch LH, Yang IV, Whitehead GS, Chao FG, Berman KG, Schwartz DA (2006) The transcriptional response to lipopolysaccharide reveals a role for interferon-gamma in lung neutrophil recruitment. Am Physiol Soc 291:L667–L682Google Scholar
- 12.Susumu N, Imura N (1983) Susceptibility of lipids to mercurials. J Appl Toxicol 13:131–134Google Scholar
- 14.Klaper R, Carter BJ, Richter CA, Drevnick PE, Sandheinrich MB, Tillitt DE (2008) Use of a 15 k gene microarray to determine gene expression changes in response to acute and chronic methylmercury exposure in the fathead minnow Pimephales promelas Rafinesque. J Fish Biol 72:2207–2280CrossRefGoogle Scholar