Synthesis, crystal structure and antimicrobial activity of 2-((2-(4-(1H-1,2,4-triazol-1-yl)phenyl)quinazolin-4-yl)oxy)-N-phenylacetamide derivatives against phytopathogens
A total of eighteen 2-((2-(4-(1H-1,2,4-triazol-1-yl)phenyl)quinazolin-4-yl)oxy)-N-phenylacetamide derivatives were designed and synthesized, via hybrid pharmacophore approach. Among these compounds, chemical structure of compound 4a was unambiguously confirmed by means of single-crystal X-ray diffraction analysis. All the compounds were evaluated in vitro for their inhibition activity against several important phytopathogenic bacteria and fungi in agriculture. The obtained results indicated that several compounds demonstrated potent antibacterial activity against Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae (Xoo). For example, compounds 4c, 4g and 4q had EC50 values of 35.0, 36.5 and 32.4 µg/mL toward this bacterium, respectively, around 1.5 times more active than commercial bactericide bismerthiazol (EC50 = 89.8 µg/mL). Additionally, compounds 4j and 4p were found to display comparable antifungal activity against Gloeosporium fructigenum at 50 µg/mL, to commercial fungicide hymexazol. Finally, the relationships between antibacterial activities and molecular structures of this class of compounds were discussed in detail.
KeywordsQuinazoline 1,2,4-Triazole Amide Synthesis Antimicrobial activity
This work was financially supported by Young Top-Notch Talent Support Program of Guizhou Provincial Education Department (No. 2018038) and National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 21362003).
- 2.Ahmad M, Aga MA, Bhat JA, Kumar B, Rouf A, Capalash N, Mintoo MJ, Kumar A, Mahajan P, Mondhe DM, Nargotra A, Sharma PR, Zargar MA, Vishwakarma RA, Shah BA, Taneja SC, Hamid A (2017) Exploring derivatives of quinazoline alkaloid L-vasicine as cap groups in the design and biological mechanistic evaluation of novel antitumor histone deacetylase inhibitors. J Med Chem 60:3484–3497. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jmedchem.7b00322 CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 5.Berest GG, Voskoboynik OY, Kovalenko SI, Antypenko OM, Nosulenko IS, Katsev AM, Shandrovskaya OS (2011) Synthesis and biological activity of novel N-cycloalkyl-(cycloalkylaryl)-2-[(3-R-2-oxo-2H-[1,2,4]triazino[2,3-c]quinazoline-6-yl)thio]acetamides. Eur J Med Chem 46:6066–6074. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2011.10.022 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 10.Mansfield J, Genin S, Magori S, Citovsky V, Sriariyanum M, Ronald P, Dow M, Verdier V, Beer SV, Machado MA, Toth I, Salmond G, Foster GD (2012) Top 10 plant pathogenic bacteria in molecular plant pathology. Mol Plant Pathol 13:614–629. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1364-3703.2012.00804.x CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 13.Kulabas N, Tatar E, Özakpinar ÖB, Özsavci D, Pannecouque C, De Clercq E, Kücükgüzel I (2016) Synthesis and antiproliferative evaluation of novel 2-(4H-1,2,4-triazole-3-ylthio)acetamide derivatives as inducers of apoptosis in cancer cells. Eur J Med Chem 121:58–70. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2016.05.017 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Cavusoglu BK, Yurttas L, Cankilic MY, Kaplancikli ZA (2017) Synthesis, antibacterial, antifungal, antimycobacterial activity evaluation of novel 1,2,4-triazole derivatives bearing 4-aminophenyl moiety. Lett Drug Des Discov 14:938–948. https://doi.org/10.2174/1570180814666161130103624 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Zhang TY, Li C, Li YR, Li XZ, Sun LP, Zheng CJ, Piao HR (2016) Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of aminoguanidine and 3-amino-1,2,4-triazole derivatives as potential antibacterial agents. Lett Drug Des Discov 13:1063–1075. https://doi.org/10.2174/1570180813666160819151239 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 18.Boraei ATA, Gomaa MS, El Ashry ESH, Duerkop A (2017) Design, selective alkylation and X-ray crystal structure determination of dihydro-indolyl-1,2,4-triazole-3-thione and its 3-benzylsulfanyl analogue as potent anticancer agents. Eur J Med Chem 125:360–371. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2016.09.046 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 20.Havrylyuk D, Roman O, Lesyk R (2016) Synthetic approaches, structure activity relationship and biological applications for pharmacologically attractive pyrazole/pyrazoline-thiazolidine-based hybrids. Eur J Med Chem 113:145–166. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2016.02.030 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 23.Yang L, Bao XP (2017) Synthesis of novel 1,2,4-triazole derivatives containing the quinazolinylpiperidinyl moiety and N-(substituted phenyl)acetamide group as efficient bactericides against the phytopathogenic bacterium Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae. RSC Adv 7:34005–34011. https://doi.org/10.1039/c7ra04819j CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 27.Wang X, Li P, Li ZN, Yin J, He M, Xue W, Chen ZW, Song BA (2013) Synthesis and bioactivity evaluation of novel arylimines containing a 3-aminoethyl-2-[(p-trifluoromethoxy)anilino]-4(3H)-quinazolinone moiety. J Agric Food Chem 61:9575–9582. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf403193q CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar